Immersion blender recommended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're asking for advice to advise you ;)

I have a KitchenAid immersion blender that came with chopper and whipping attachments, a two-cup container for chopping and a larger container for whipping. I like it a lot. I've had mine for several years now, so they probably have a newer model, but I like their appliances.

I have had a couple of Braun immersion blenders. They are inexpensive and last a long time.

For simple tasks like blending soups and sauces it’s perfect. I don’t think I’ve ever spent more the $30-$40 for one.

If you plan some more heavy duty uses, consider a more powerful one.

I also have had a couple of Braun immersion blenders. I love them.

Still have a Braun from decades ago and still works fine (although the little chopper cup blade broke years ago).

Interesting hand blrnder/immersion blender, with multiple attachments. It seems to be a favorite of Gordon Ramsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m_TnlvAPyI

I have no experience with this brand, but have had several others over the years that worked great for a while, the failed do to a bad switch, or the head clogging into the stem.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Got a Braun a couple years ago and my massive Cuisinart processor has been gathering dust since then. There are only two attachments, a hooded blade and a wire whisk. But it gets used for everything from making a puree of our greenhouse tomatoes to beating eggs for chiles relleños.

Since it doesn't get used very long at a time, it'll probably live longer then I do.

Interesting hand blrnder/immersion blender, with multiple attachments. It seems to be a favorite of Gordon Ramsey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m_TnlvAPyI

I have no experience with this brand, but have had several others over the years that worked great for a while, the failed do to a bad switch, or the head clogging into the stem.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That looks like an amazing device. I will have to consider it when I eventually have to replace my current immersion blender.

I bought my first immersion blender in the early 1990s. It was a Black and Decker. It had the whipping attachment. I think that lasted about five or six years.

My next immersion blender was something or other that my current husband had when I moved in with him. When that died, we got a Braun, which also had the whisk attachment and the mini food processor. It lasted about 10 years. It had a plastic mount to store it on the wall. That was replaced by our current I.B., a Cusisnart with mini-food processor and whisk. It was a better deal than the Brauns at the time. We would have happily bought another Braun. I like the Cusinart one. It didn't have a wall mount, so we just hang it from the mount we got with the Braun. The Cusinart I.B. is still going strong after about 10 years.

So, I would recommend either a Braun or a Cusinart imersion blender. The ones from KitchenAid might be good too, but I have no experience with those. I also recommend getting one with both a whisk and a mini-food processor. The mini-food processor is great for smaller amounts and is so much less work to wash afterwards than a regular, full sized F.P. The whisk is very convenient for lots of stuff and less fuss than most stand mixers. In fact, I haven't used my stand mixer for anything but making sponge cake (once a year for trifle) in a very long time.

I don't use the IB as a replacement for a FP or a mixer. I basically use it for pureeing soups and sauces. If I can buy a Braun for $30 or $40, that trumps a $200 machine with a lifetime warranty.

Ive had 3 in my lifetime so far. One was a cheap one I got at Walmart. Probably about $20. Lasted me at least a decade. Wasn't necessarily the best ( obviously) but got the job done. When it finally crapped out, my wife got me a more expensive one that was name Brand and came with at least 5 attachments with a case to store them in. It worked well but took up more room than the other, and also, although not too much of a big deal, wasn't a ' grab and use' Blender. When I wanted to use it Id have to get the case which was stored somewhere in a cabinet, select the proper attachment ..... I wound up giving it to my daughter, as she had just moved out and didnt have all the appliances I had. I then went back to a cheap ( maybe 20 - 30$) one piece grab and use immersion blender.

Im guessing if I got the fancy one prior to having my other kitchen appliances, I would have held on to it. But with the larger less convenient storage footprint in the kitchen, and having other appliances already that do what its attachments do, the simpler one was right for me.

You're asking for advice to advise you ;)

Yes, but it has a lifetime warranty on the motor. Does the lowest priced one come with the aerating blade? If so, it will will cream and other stuff.

GG! I use that sentence all the time to help explain to people - LOL

My husband ordered a blender when TV ads selling stuff with a call number first came out. I had to go downtown to pay import duties - and nearly had a heard attack when I discovered how much he had paid for it and how much the duties were.
BUT it lasted probably 30 years and was a real workhorse. Had a super sharp blade that could mince meat (used a fair amount),
aerator disc (used rarely or never!)
another flat disc (very slight tilt) that was used for frothing skim milk - which could actually make whipped milk that was quite sturdy for topping drinks and desserts - got used a fair amount.
and of course, your normal twisty blade - used constantly.
It came with a mounting holder that I put on the inside of a cupboard door - very handy!

Now have an Oster, bought on sale, various attachments - am happy with it. It does take up a little more space in a cupboard than the mounted one but...

OM GOSH! that video is the one we had! Those are the original 4 blades! Ours did not come with the accessories that it now has.

and I stand corrected - the 'a' blade is the one I used and they call it the aerator blade - the 'b' blade is the one I rarely if ever used.

So I guess the price hasn't changed all that much! LOL

Last edited:
Thank you everybody. It gives me pretty good idea. Monday Walmart is having "Prime Day" . Will see what they have.

The Cuisinart IM that I have now is grab and use as a stick blender. It's when I want to use the whisk or the mini-food processor that I have to find an attachment. But, I keep all the attachments for various things in one Ikea storage box on a shelf, so it's easy access for me. Okay, all the fancy attachments that go with my big food processor are in the case that came with the food processor, not the Ikea storage box.

I burned out the motors on 2 Kitchen Aid IBs - one was replaced, as it was still under warranty, the other lasted a few years, but the same thing happened. Before these, I had a Cuisinart cordless IB, but it lacked the power the corded ones had, even a cheap one a friend had. Eventually, I ended up with a Viking IB, which I have had for close to 20 years, with no problems. It cost just under $50, at the time - had some attachments, like many do, but I never used them.

Back
Top Bottom