King’s Hawaiian Hot Dog Buns – not quite a review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Just saw this mentioned on someone’s blog and jumped on it. I like King’s Hawaiian dinner roll size buns for holidays and for making “slider” size party sammies. Now they have Hot Dog buns made from their same slightly sweet dough. There’s a one liner that says they have Hamburger buns too. I haven’t seen either in stores , although, I wasn’t looking. I put this on my shopping list.

The pictures show top split buns, old fashion style. Not sure if they come that way or you have to slice your own. Either way it’s a nice variation from the sideways cut buns.

There are a couple recipes on King’s Hawaiian website and the blog has a recipe at the bottom.

Bacon wrapped grilled dogs brushed with Teriyaki sauce and served with a Fresh Pineapple Red onion Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa. This seems like a complimentary recipe to serve on these buns. Can’t go wrong with BACON .

If you have ever used their round loaf hollowed out and filled with (spinach) dip or eaten their bread rolls, I recommend you try these buns. I’d brush the snow off the grill to try these.

Original Hawaiian Sweet Hot Dog Buns | Products | King's Hawaiian Bakery

, Bacon Wrapped Teriyaki Hot Dogs with Pineapple Salsa and a Giveaway! (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)

Top split. I call those New England style, like Howard Johnson's used to have (when they were around here). I even bought a baking tray to make my own when the mood strikes me.
I think I'd like a sweet tasting bun, but I've never seen those around here. Of course, I've never looked either.

Boy, those were just what I was looking for when I was looking to make Lobster Rolls. I did find some longer normally split Hawaiian rolls but I really wanted the top split. The top split makes more sense for all hot dog buns for that matter.

Those would have been perfect for lobster rolls. Next time!

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote this-- They remind me of lobster rolls, yes, New England style, plus I think the flavors would go well together.

Yes, the flavor of the slightly sweet rolls was excellent with the lobster. Since lobster is such a treat for most of us, I can sure see my loaded tuna salad nestled inside. Oh yeahhh....

:clap:SCORE!!

Low and behold I found the top split King's Hawaiian hot dog buns in this little tiny town. Naturally, they made me hungry for lobster rolls so I just had to go on a lobster hunt. Makes sense to me...
Rolls..$3.29
Lobster...$15.00
That must make me a charter member of Foodies Anonymous.:ohmy:

Talk about putting the cart in front of the lobster... :wacko:

Post some pictures, Kay, when you have them made up. And a recipe :chef:

:clap:SCORE!!

Low and behold I found the top split King's Hawaiian hot dog buns in this little tiny town. Naturally, they made me hungry for lobster rolls so I just had to go on a lobster hunt. Makes sense to me...
Rolls..$3.29
Lobster...$15.00
That must make me a charter member of Foodies Anonymous.:ohmy:

That's a hoot. So how were they, the buns, the lobsta, the whole nine yards ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom