McDonald's Spicy Chicken McNuggets and Mighty Hot Sauce Review.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Spicy-McNuggets.jpg

Well this is a brand new set of items at the fast food joint.

I spent 3.24 on six piece of the Spicy Chicken McNuggets, one packet of Mighty Hot Sauce and medium Sprite.

After picking up the order inside the McDonald's I walked back to the car to eat what I ordered.

First was the Spicy Chicken McNugget with no sauce on it.

The Spicy Chicken McNuggets sure did look like the plain ones in shape and batter. The batter color here was reddish in color.

After eating one I did get some hint of spice at the end....

Right now I am thinking the sauce had better save the day or this is a complete bust from the company.

Well the Sauce fully saved the day here. That truly was a spicy sauce.

Not super hot but certainly had a load of flavor.

Did have some low level of afterburn that lasted for a few minutes which was great.

The Soda was nice and cold like it should be.

In the end I give the Spicy Chicken McNuggets a thumbs in the middle at best as they needed to be spicier without the sauce.

The Mighty Hot Sauce imo gets a big thumbs up and should stay on the menu as it was fully worth it. I say get it with the plain McNuggets if you can.

Admittedly, I love McNuggets. Have not tried the spicy ones, though, because I don't like spicy food. However, my son loves the hot stuff and has been wanting to try the McDonald's spicy nuggets, but it sounds like, from your review, that they fall a little short in the 'spicy' department.

If he tries them, I'll be sure and tell him to make sure and get the Mighty Hot Sauce.

Admittedly, I love McNuggets. Have not tried the spicy ones, though, because I don't like spicy food. However, my son loves the hot stuff and has been wanting to try the McDonald's spicy nuggets, but it sounds like, from your review, that they fall a little short in the 'spicy' department.

If he tries them, I'll be sure and tell him to make sure and get the Mighty Hot Sauce.

Even people that do not like Spicy food could handle these. so weak in flavor. The sauce is a must.

Even people that do not like Spicy food could handle these. so weak in flavor. The sauce is a must.

My son told me he actually tried these and agrees that the nuggets, and I quote, "Have a bit of a spicy edge to them, but 95% of the heat comes from the sauce."

For health reasons I avoid fast food for the most part but McNuggets are a guilty pleasure of mine! I tried their Spicy Chicken version of the McChicken and thought it was okay, now I will have try the nuggets!:sorcerer:

For health reasons I avoid fast food for the most part but McNuggets are a guilty pleasure of mine! I tried their Spicy Chicken version of the McChicken and thought it was okay, now I will have try the nuggets!:sorcerer:

Admittedly - although I don't eat it that often - I love McDonald's. My favorites are:

The fries (on rare occasions because I'm not much of a fry person)
The chicken nuggets (original with hot mustard sauce)
Big Mac's (I'll allow myself one around twice a year)
The McChicken sandwiches
The Fish sandwich, no cheese

I also love the regular ole hamburgers. I don't get cheese on much things, so just the regular hamburger is one of my favorite things. It brings back memories from when I was a child. Mom allowed us McD's once in a while and I always had to get the hamburger, "no bleed." That's what I called ketchup when I was a kid. And back then, with their burgers being pre-made and stuck under the heat lamps, they had to special make mine because I didn't want ketchup. So, often times, mom would be instructed to pull into the parking lot to wait for our food, simply because I didn't want "bleed" on my burger.

I love ketchup now, but wouldn't eat it as a kid. I didn't like tomato products at all. In fact, anytime I would eat pizza, I would peel everything off the slice, including the toppings and the sauce, and just eat the crust.

Sorry, now I'm rambling with reminiscence.

Back
Top Bottom