Parampara Butter Chicken Mix, Hyderabadi Chicken Mix, and Chicken Madras Reviews...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Back to the Indian food store for these items that does have the words General Mills on the back.

First off so called level one: Butter chicken

517abhFcTUL.jpg

This mix was the only one out of the three here that needed milk.

I browned my chicken and added in the spice mix

The spice mix imo was not so easy to mix with just water though. I mashed it against the side of the bowl I had to get it to break up.

After like 10 minutes I added in the milk which turned the sauce into a nice mustard yellow color.

I thought this flavor was really good for a level one. Real solid flavor here.

A big thumbs up from me.

Second off so called level two: Hyderabadi Chicken

51Y%2BFGGotEL.jpg

This one only needed water and more water than butter chicken.

Same problems with mixing the spice mixture as level one.

This created a brown colored sauce for the chicken.

Flavor here was good. Heat level was lacking for me.

A medium sized thumbs up from me.

Third off so called level three: Chicken Madras

31MkmSOwFKL.jpg

This one only needed water and more water than butter chicken.

Same problems with mixing the spice mixture as level one.

This created a brown colored sauce for the chicken.

Flavor here was also good. This one actually had some heat to it. A nice level light like minute long after burn.

I wished this was level 2 for heat.

I want to give this flavor a big thumbs up.

kleenex, Looks like you have the same problems I have with heat - it's never enough!

There's nothing like a well made curry, Thai or Indian! However, pre-mixed spice mixes are why I didn't like Indian food, until I started making my own. None had that toasted spice flavor - I always got a raw cinnamon flavor, that was the strongest. They're not hard to make, and in the fall, I always make up new batches of the various masalas I keep on hand, and toss the little bit still on hand, since summer is not when I make a lot of curries. So far, I have Punjabi garam masala, chaat masala, vindaloo masala, Bengali 5-spice, sambar podi, and rasam podi - a couple more I put in the freezer, as I rarely use them. Having these spice mixes available makes short work of many Indian recipes.

kleenex, Looks like you have the same problems I have with heat - it's never enough!

There's nothing like a well made curry, Thai or Indian! However, pre-mixed spice mixes are why I didn't like Indian food, until I started making my own. None had that toasted spice flavor - I always got a raw cinnamon flavor, that was the strongest. They're not hard to make, and in the fall, I always make up new batches of the various masalas I keep on hand, and toss the little bit still on hand, since summer is not when I make a lot of curries. So far, I have Punjabi garam masala, chaat masala, vindaloo masala, Bengali 5-spice, sambar podi, and rasam podi - a couple more I put in the freezer, as I rarely use them. Having these spice mixes available makes short work of many Indian recipes.

Dave, you're the man. !!

Russ

I am going to have to go back to the Indian store and find something else to try out.

I do not think the brand I have tried out has a product they say goes higher than three chili peppers.

One way to add in more heat just add in some real chili peppers;)

Back
Top Bottom