Popeye's Beer Can Chicken Review....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
This is the latest Limited Time Offering product from the company.

For 3.99 you can get one piece of chicken, fries, and a biscuit which is a solid deal.

I ordered the product and had to wait for them make the chicken nice and hot for me.

This item looked a lot like the Rip'n Chick'n product they did release.

The item had some sort of seasonings on it like butter, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, and cayenne. I could not tell.

The flavor here was solid!!! really great taste!!!

I give this product a big thumbs up and have yet to be disappointed from a trip to this fast food joint.

it's fried, and has nothing to do with beer cans, or moist, vertical roasting, or anything resembling its name.

i stopped in popeyes last week (a mistake - i felt horrible the next morning after eating a few pieces, which, feeling sick from food is rare for me) and saw the "beer can" chicken advert on the counter.

it said it was chicken "in beer can spices".

:sick:

i stopped in popeyes last week (a mistake - i felt horrible the next morning after eating a few pieces, which, feeling sick from food is rare for me)

Well, silly, you must have forgotten to take it through Jiffy Lube on the way home and get the oil changed.

Popeye's is trying to make their menu more trendy.That's the same idea as their Chicken and Waffles offering. There wasn't a waffle in the place, they just flavored their fries to taste like waffles. They should just stick to what they do best; spicy fried chicken, red beans and rice, dirty rice, and the best fast food drop biscuits in the free world.

Last edited:
I always liked Popeye's.
The fried chicken was very good last time I had some. We don't have Popeye's close by.
If we did, I would get it for dinner sometimes instead of Bojangles.

i've always liked popeyes too. i should have known better then to get it about a 1/2 hour before they closed. it was probably sitting around since the dinner rush.

now,,order some for lunch just after they've opened, and you get it hot and fresh. :yum:

Have been wanting to try Popeye's, sadly, the closest one is 88 miles away. There's a Popeye's in Cozumel, but their specialty is shrimp cocktail. Don't think that it's the same franchise.

Last edited:
I had there chicken tenders recently when I was on that side of town and they were fantastic. It's a busy place so the chicken turns over pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom