"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Food and Cooking Gear Reviews
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Wendy's Classic Big Bacon Cheddar Chicken

Well this is a new item at the place and I just had to try it.

I went over to the place and had to do this order from the drive through lane.

I got this sandwich in a small meal.

This sandwich was super impressive in size.

you get a cheddar bun, a piece of chicken which I picked the plain one to make sure I could taste the other ingredients, A slice of American cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, Crispy Onions, and creamy cheddar cheese and bacon jam!!

The price for the meal in a small size was a whopping 10.39 before taxes and before I used my 2 dollar off meal coupon.

I parked my car in the Wendy's parking lot after getting the food and went to eat it.

I am going to say that all the mess load going on with the sandwich fully woks. Eating it in the car was slightly messy though and I thought the crispy onions could have been hotter though.

The sandwich gets a big thumbs up from me. The price for the meal sure does not.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:05 AM   #2
Certified/Certifiable

I got this in the burger version, with double cheese. I didn't realize you could get crispy onions in it, and so it was simply a patty, with double cheese, and bacon jam, and bacon strips. The patty was juicier, and of much better quality than BK, or Micky-D's, but was very bland in flavor. The cheese also was flavorless, though the smoky bacon flavor came through loud and clear. It completely overwhelmed the other flavors. I couldn't taste the burger at all. Wendy's fries, IMO, are meh. The vanilla Frosty was good. For the $9+ dollars I paid for this I wasn't impressed at all. At Wendy's, I'll stick with their chili.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bacon, chicken