Wise New York Deli Jalapeno Kettle Cooked potato chip review...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Well I keep on passing this place all the time on my way to BJ'S, but have never stopped at this place. Looks like a mom and pop deli sandwich shop and ice cream place. I looked at the place one time and saw what looked like a whole bunch of potato chip bags in the window and the next time I passed the place I would stop in and see what they had.

I was surprised to find this potato chip which I never thought I would find. The supermarkets I go to have never carried Wise kettle cooked chips before.

Onto the review:

I had one 50 cent 1.5 ounce bag of chips in one setting.

The thickness of the chips were on the thin side, just like most of the whole line of Wise potato chips. Did not like that.

The size of the chips was also a problem. I found most of them to be a bit on the small side. They were getting almost as small as the wegmans brand. Did have like one or two big pieces though.

Color of the chip was lacking as well. You could not see if it had Jalapeno flavor on the chip at all. That is a no-no in my book.

Chips did have a nice crunch though.

Flavor of the chips was great. Certainly not the spiciest chip I had so far, but had some nice aftertaste that did not last too long to them. My eyes did get very slightly watery and I did have one good nose blow after I fished off the bag.

I have to give this chip a thumbs up in the end because of the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom