Chorizo Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try this. Cook some minced aromatics in reserved chorizo drippings, add in some balsamic, strain if you want, and whisk to make a warm chorizo balsamic vinaigrette. Keep it in a squirt bottle, try it on pretty much anything it's like liquid gold. kale, portabella mushrooms, salads, French fries, waffles, shrimp and grits. Go wild.

Last edited:
Try this. Cook some minced aromatics in reserved chorizo drippings, add in some balsamic, strain if you want, and whisk to make a warm chorizo balsamic vinaigrette. Keep it in a squirt bottle, try it on pretty much anything it's like liquid gold. kale, portabella mushrooms, salads, French fries, waffles, shrimp and grits. Go wild.

That actually sounds really good :)

I stumbled across this recipe today. I haven't made it, but I copied it as it looks do-able and tasty. Chorizo is not usually in my sight line and since it currently is in yours, I thought I should pass it on.

Spanish Saturday! A Simple & Spicy Tapas Lunch Recipe: Patatas a la Riojana.

Queso fundido ( baked melted cheese) is good with a little chorizo crumbled on top to cook as the cheese melts and the chorizo oils are released. Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.

Chorizo goes well sliced up into a tomato sauce (for pasta) and very gently simmered until tender. (I like to add chopped up courgettes to). Chorizo easily goes hard if cooked on too high a heat.

Lift the skin on chicken portions or a whole one and slip slices of chorizo between the skin and the meat. Cook as usual. Also, Google Delia Smith 'Basque Chicken' it's divine!!

The sausage type that has to be cooked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Are you thinking along the lines of Mexican chorizo which can be used as a bulk sausage or stuffed in casings? It is considered a fresh sausage. Spanish chorizo is generally a cured, dried sausage.

Okay, because I actually pay attention and read your responses, now I know what type of chorizo we are discussing. Now I want to know, do you want recipes for making your own chorizo, or recipes that use store bought chorizo? I have both types of recipes.

Giving away one of my catering secrets, but since I am not doing it any more it is okay. ;)

I combined raw chorizo chopped or ground with chopped strawberries, fresh tarragon, salt and pepper and used this mixture to stuff pork loin. Tie it tightly and roast as you normally would. Slice it a bit thicker than normal.

The sweet acid from the fruit and heat from the sausage seem a strange combo, but it really works!

The sausage type that has to be cooked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Huevos Rancheros, as taught to me by a Mexican friend is San Diego.

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
3 tbs. milk
A leetle salt (his words)
A leetle pepper (again his words)
1 chorizo sausage in casing.

Beat the egg, milk, and s&p. Heat a good frying pan with a bit of butter. When teh butter is hot, Cut the end off of the sausage and squeeze about 2 tbs. of the chorizo into the pan. Stir fry it for about a minute. Add the eggs and begin slowly stirring to make fluffy scrambled eggs. Simply fold the outside edges toward the center, giving a few seconds for the egg to set a little. Then flip the eggs to make sure the top is cooked as you like them. You can also add peppers, and onion to this dish. Maybe top it with some Queso Blanco cheese.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Okay, because I actually pay attention and read your responses, now I know what type of chorizo we are discussing. Now I want to know, do you want recipes for making your own chorizo, or recipes that use store bought chorizo? I have both types of recipes.

Sorry I haven't responded before now, but I haven't been on this site in awhile as I've gotten a new job that takes up most of my time. I'm looking for recipes for store bought chorizo.

Huevos Rancheros, as taught to me by a Mexican friend is San Diego.

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
3 tbs. milk
A leetle salt (his words)
A leetle pepper (again his words)
1 chorizo sausage in casing.

Beat the egg, milk, and s&p. Heat a good frying pan with a bit of butter. When teh butter is hot, Cut the end off of the sausage and squeeze about 2 tbs. of the chorizo into the pan. Stir fry it for about a minute. Add the eggs and begin slowly stirring to make fluffy scrambled eggs. Simply fold the outside edges toward the center, giving a few seconds for the egg to set a little. Then flip the eggs to make sure the top is cooked as you like them. You can also add peppers, and onion to this dish. Maybe top it with some Queso Blanco cheese.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Thanks Chief of Longwind of the North that sounds DELICIOUS!

I'm talking about Mexican Chorizo :)

We usually make the chorizo, but you can use store bought bulk or remove the casings from stuffed. This is a very simple, but great way to enjoy the sausage.

Using bulk sausage (about a pound), fry it in an oven safe skillet until browned. Remove from heat and drain off the fat. Spread the sausage in an even layer in the skillet. Cover sausage with grated muenster cheese and place under preheated broiler until the cheese melts and just starts to brown. Serve immediately, using torn pieces of your preferred type of tortilla to pinch off pieces of cheese and sausage. You can also use tortilla chips to dip. We got this from a very old Disney cookbook. That was before I realized the tremendous grip Disney had on my wallet!;) Almost needed therapy to break it.:ohmy:

Since I can't easily get the casings, I guess the chorizo mixture would also work formed into a burger? Maybe it depends on the liquid factor, e.g. the
red wine?

Back
Top Bottom