"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets > Low Carb | Keto
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2020, 03:13 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Low Carb Zoodles and Shrimp..

I need to cut back on the carbs and this recipe will be used soon. I love shrimp, I love zoodles, I love wine...sounds like a marriage made in heaven although I'll be using butter!

https://www.justataste.com/skinny-sh...oodles-recipe/

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I need to cut back on the carbs and this recipe will be used soon. I love shrimp, I love zoodles, I love wine...sounds like a marriage made in heaven although I'll be using butter!

https://www.justataste.com/skinny-sh...oodles-recipe/
Sounds good to me; enjoy your wine!

salt and pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Master Chef

There is a product called Miracle Noodle. It is a sheritaki noodle. This site - https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ki-noodles-101 explains what they are. They are very low in carbs, and have health benefits, such as weight loss. The flavor is neutal, and htey have a texture like bean-thread, or glass noodles. I have used them with marinara, bologaise, and ragus. They have worked well in those applications. However, they really shine in stir-fries, and Asian recipes. There are other brands of the sheritaki noode. i have purchased them at Wall Mart, next to the refrigerated won ton, and egg roll wraps. I have found them in the following offerings - linguine, spaghetti, and angel hair. I prefer the linguine style. I also enjoy hem in place of ramen noodles, in soups and stir-fries.

I highly recommend them if you want a low-carb noodle.
North
Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Chief, I've tried the "Miracle Noodles" several times and although some may like them, I'm not one.
The texture and flavor are so odd and unpleasant that I'd just rather do without noodles than eat them. Just not for me, but as I said, others may like them.

Old 02-12-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Ive tried the Miracle Noodles too the I was on a strict low carb/ no carb diet and I wasn't thrilled either. I was hoping I would like them, so bought the large variety pack which was like $40. Tried one and tossed them. I wished I liked them, would have made those 3 months a lot easier. I now resort to spaghetti squash, which by no means is a replacement for past ( nothing is), butt at least it Kinda looks like , so my eyes are happy until it hits my tongue, then Im disappointed
larry_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

I wanted to add that zuccini Zoodles should be salted, drained and patted dry before cooking, much like cucumbers or eggplant.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I wanted to add that zuccini Zoodles should be salted, drained and patted dry before cooking, much like cucumbers or eggplant.
This, if you don't, you add all kinds of extra liquid to a sauce.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:44 PM   #8
Master Chef

The Miracle noodles have very little flavor, but do absorb flavors from what they are cooked with. After opening the pouch, they must be rinsed thoroughly under cold ruining water to remove the earth flavor. Then they are great in asian dishes, much like glass noodles.

But if you don't like then, that's ok too. Just thought I'd throw out another noodle option.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shrimp

« Cheese wraps | - »