Can I sous vide without a sous vide immersion cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crock pots can be hacked fairly cheap to work. This is one way Sous Vide Cooker for Less Than $40: 7 Steps (with Pictures)

But Sous Vide devises are so cheap now. This is one that I tested for my YouTube channel. Temp control is not as perfect as I like but still works good. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT79EQD Its only $80 and relatively small.

Nice.

I have an Inkbird external thermostat. It was about 20 bucks and I use it for brewing. My problem is that money is tight right now and if I had an extra $70 or $80 it would be for an immersion blender. Sous vide is maybe second or third on my list unless I can hack an oven or a crock pot. :)

Josie, I use a different model of external temp controller thermostat and use it to keep the cheese cave at 55 degrees F. It will also work, as you say, in a crock pot or nesco, by resetting it to 'heating mode', instead of 'refrigeration mode'. Pretty useful thing to have on hand.

Blissful, So true.
I have been thinking about getting into Cheese making, but Milk is almost $4.00 here. Maybe meat curing :cool:

Josie

Nice.

I have an Inkbird external thermostat. It was about 20 bucks and I use it for brewing. My problem is that money is tight right now and if I had an extra $70 or $80 it would be for an immersion blender. Sous vide is maybe second or third on my list unless I can hack an oven or a crock pot. :)

I use my immersion blender a lot more than my sous vide stuff. So I agree on the prioritizes list!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom