Pork Tenderloin with an Apple-Maple Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caseydog

Master Chef
Here is sous vide pork and apple dish. Pork tenderloin with an apple-maple syrup sauce.

The seasoning for the pork was simple. Just salt, black pepper, and fresh rosemary. I seasoned the meat with salt and pepper, and put it in my sous vide bag with about five sprigs of fresh rosemary from my garden.

The cook time was 2 hours at 136F.

The sauce was made with one diced apple (sweet, not tart), one finely diced shallot, a pinch of salt, fresh rosemary sprigs, the pork cooking liquid from the bag, 1/4 cup of chicken stock, and 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.

Sauté the diced apple and shallot and rosemary sprig in some EVOO until semi-soft. Add the liquids, and drop to a simmer to reduce to a thick, sticky sauce.

Put everything on a plate, and eat it. :hungry:

This is the first time I made this, but not the last. It was inspired by a recipe on the Anova web site. But, I made a few changes based on comments people left about the recipe. I don't thik it would have been as good if I had followed the recipe verbatim.

CD

Attachments

• PorkApples001small.jpg
    PorkApples001small.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 171
We love apples and shallots with pork. I don't have a sous vide, but I've made pork chops or tenderloin medallions in a skillet with apples/shallots often. A splash of Calvados apple brandy (good stuff :yum: ) for the sauce is just right.

Sounds positively lovely! Apples, rosemary (and Calvados)! Yum!!
Thanks casey - earmarked for my next tenderloin!

Like CG I don't have a sous-vide and again, like CG I would certainly not have a problem adapting that up on stove top (which I am going to :LOL:).

Love the versatility of pork tenderloin - I find it one of the fastest, easiest and most tender meats to cook up.

Only I'm wondering why it is necessary to cook it sous-vide? Isn't it a lot more work? Getting out the pot, heating the water, sealing meat in bag, waiting hours vs grab a pan, heat oven, sear meat, into oven, done in less than 30 minutes (depending on size of course).

I see that this delicious idea is posted in the new SousVide forum, but I can't find the forum itself. I don't see it listed so can someone please tell me how to get there from the home page?

I see that this delicious idea is posted in the new SousVide forum, but I can't find the forum itself. I don't see it listed so can someone please tell me how to get there from the home page?

Go to the home page and then General Cooking Information. The forum is there. Sous-Vide Cooking - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

If you are looking at a post and want to figure out where it is, look near the top of the page. There is a "map".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-31 Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-31 Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 105
Sounds positively lovely! Apples, rosemary (and Calvados)! Yum!!
Thanks casey - earmarked for my next tenderloin!

Like CG I don't have a sous-vide and again, like CG I would certainly not have a problem adapting that up on stove top (which I am going to :LOL:).

Love the versatility of pork tenderloin - I find it one of the fastest, easiest and most tender meats to cook up.

Only I'm wondering why it is necessary to cook it sous-vide? Isn't it a lot more work? Getting out the pot, heating the water, sealing meat in bag, waiting hours vs grab a pan, heat oven, sear meat, into oven, done in less than 30 minutes (depending on size of course).

Well, why use sous vide for any meat?

Once the meat is in the water bath, you don't have to do anything. Start it, and walk away. Plus, you can't possibly overcook the meat -- the best reason to cook anything sous vide.

Also, since you are cooking for two hours, you can cook to a lower internal temperature and still have safely pasteurized pork. You get a very moist and tender, slightly pink pork tenderloin every single time.

You can make this dish anyway you want. Cooktop, oven, or on the grill. From my own personal experience, sous vide is the best method to consistently (and safely) cook medium rare pork.

CD

Well, why use sous vide for any meat?

Once the meat is in the water bath, you don't have to do anything. Start it, and walk away. Plus, you can't possibly overcook the meat -- the best reason to cook anything sous vide.

CD

OK, gotcha! So you would sear it after, for your crust? Especially if you are not using a asuce/gravy that would cover the entire piece?

OK, gotcha! So you would sear it after, for your crust? Especially if you are not using a asuce/gravy that would cover the entire piece?

Yes, you do a quick sear at the end of the cook.You remove the meat from the bag, pat it dry with a paper towel, and sear it. A lot of people just roll it on all sides in a hot cast-iron pan. It only takes a couple of minutes, so it doesn't have time to cook anymore.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom