Sous Vide Poached Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a great price Andy. SC paid $100 for my Anova a couple years ago. I too have no use for the one with wi-fi.

I'm notoriously cheap, Kayelle so I search out bargains. A year and a half ago the Nano was $99 except on Amazon's Black Friday sales. So I asked SO to get me one for Christmas.

Last holiday season my younger daughter bought one too. Now we can both play.

I'm notoriously cheap, Kayelle so I search out bargains. A year and a half ago the Nano was $99 except on Amazon's Black Friday sales. So I asked SO to get me one for Christmas.

Last holiday season my younger daughter bought one too. Now we can both play.

Nahhhh...we are whatcha call "frugal"....:rolleyes: Well, on second thought, we weren't so "frugal" when we traveled a lot.:ohmy:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the ATK video. I actually used the sous vide last night to cook eggs and lowered the temp to 142.5 and cooked for 1:45, hoping to get rid of that messy white issue. Nope, didn't work, still yucky. So, I"m cooking them the ATK way next time. Jotted down how to do it and I'm going to stick it in the plastic bag I use to store the silicone lid I use.

I start out with hot tap water, which usually gives me about 120 or so to start.

Thanks for posting the ATK video. I actually used the sous vide last night to cook eggs and lowered the temp to 142.5 and cooked for 1:45, hoping to get rid of that messy white issue. Nope, didn't work, still yucky. So, I"m cooking them the ATK way next time...

I like the ATK method because it's a lot faster. If 12 minutes doesn't do it for you, add 30 seconds at a time.

Back
Top Bottom