Hamilton-Beach slow cooker recall.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron W.

Senior Cook
I've used mine for years with no problems and about 2 days after I found that my cooker had deffective handles one of them failed.

Called thier recall # for instructions, they took my address and said would send a pre-paid mailer for me to send the plug off the end of the cord for varification and would either send an entirely new unit or a replacement heat unit so don't throw away the crock or lid just yet.

http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/cgi-bin/main/co_disp/displ/pgname/recall_slowcooker/strfnbr/20

I had handles break on both a GE slow cooker and a Crock Pot slow cooker. The latter sent hot chicken-noodle sup spilling all over my living room carpet and the crock vessel fell out and shattered on the floor. The handle on the GE unit failed as I got it about an inch above the counter top. I wish I'd thought about checking for a recall, or at least reporting the failures to the companies.

Kudos to you for checking, and sharing.

I purchased my Hamilton Beach model because it has metal handles that are spot-welded to the heating shell, and it has clamps to securely hold the lid in place. It has worked wonderfully for me.

I hope your new unit is as sturdy as is mine.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I called about mine (I've glued the handles a couple of times) and they are going to replace the outer heating portion. I just have to send them the plug. It's kind of a shame, I've been thinking about getting a newer stovetop and oven friendly models.

Several years ago I noticed one of the handles on a Rival cp was getting a little loose but didn't think much about that until I was moving it to a table and it came off completely and the same thing happened to me as did goodweed. 5 qt of chili all over the floor and a brocken crock. What a mess.

Good thing it was a tile floor and cleaned up OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom