"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Instant Pot, Crock-Pot & All-in-One Cooking
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2020, 05:07 PM   #1
Head Chef

Instant Pot cheesecake

I made a small cheesecake in my IP!

It was easier than it looks, and good, though I will make changes next time. I only had 4 oz of cream cheese, so I used 4 oz cottage cheese ground up, for half of it (I've never been crazy about cheesecakes made with CC, but it was only half). It had 2 eggs; it could have used another, but only a couple of the large cheesecakes I make have that much compared to the cheese. I only used 3 tb palm sugar plus 4 packets of stevia, to make it somewhat edible for a diabetic friend (we both thought the stevia or sugar could have been reduced slightly, upon tasting it). And 2 tsp xanthan gum, in place of the flour, another thing for my friend. It would have been better if I had greased the soufflé dish with butter, instead of spray (I just didn't feel like getting a stick of frozen butter out just for that!). I also have a 6" aluminum cheesecake pan (nested inside 8", 9", 10", and 12" pans, from when I used to make a lot of them!), deep back in my cabinet, that would have been better for it. And I used the crema that I had left, from my Mexican foods - the original recipe called for sour cream.

I used a blender, only because I was grinding up the cottage cheese, to a smooth consistency. A mixer or FP would be better, with less bubbles. Some recipes recommended covering with foil, but the one on the IP website recommended leaving it uncovered, so I based this on that recipe.

Instant Pot Cheesecake

8 oz cream cheese, room temp
6 tb sugar (I used 3 tb palm sugar, and 3
packets of stevia sweetener)
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 c sour cream, or crema
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tb lemon juice
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tb flour, or half as much cornstarch

Place a steamer rack in the IP, and pour in 1 1/2 c water. Grease a 6" cheesecake pan, springform pan (only if coating with graham crackers), or soufflé dish with butter, and if using graham cracker crumbs, dust the pan heavily with them (pressing it into the seams of the springform, to prevent leaking).

Beat the cheese, sugar, and salt briefly in the mixer, or food processor; add one egg at a time, beating briefly in between, followed by the sour cream, and the remaining ingredients, scraping the bowl a few times. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and level out, tapping out air bubbles.

Place pan on steamer rack in the IP, and place the lid on. Set to manual, low, and set to cook 25 minutes. Let pressure reduce completely, about 20 minutes, then remove lid. Remove pan to a cooling rack; blot out any water on the top of the cheesecake with a piece of paper towel. Cool for an hour, then refrigerate for an hour, before covering - either with foil, or setting it inside a larger pan.

When ready to serve, if using a springform, run a knife around the inside of the pan, then remove the sides. If using the solid pans, set in a larger pan of warm water briefly, just enough to melt the butter, then move the pan around, to loosen the cake, then turn upside down onto a serving platter.

Option: to make a cheesecake flan, coat the bottom of the soufflé dish with some caramelized sugar. If I were making this for myself, and not a diabetic friend, as well, this is what I would do!

Instant Pot cheesecake started - the dark in it is the palm sugar. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished cheesecake batter. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Instant Pot cheesecake, ready to cook, in 6 in. souffle pan. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Instant Pot cheesecake. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Instant Pot cheesecake, removed from the souffle dish. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Instant Pot cheesecake. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Old 12-29-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
Wannabe TV Chef

That looks scrumptious Dave!!

I'm going to make my first Cheesecake in my IP
once all of the Christmas goodies are gone

I'm going to follow this recipe:

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...lprsN4SVEbYjpA
Kaneohegirlinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I have a recipe for Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake if you're interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	samoa_cheesecake_IP_041617_P1100074.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	44704
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:31 PM   #4
Head Chef

Oh yeah, I forgot (until after 20 minutes) to add the graham crackers and butter as an option, for a standard crumb crust.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:38 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I've made cheesecake several times in my IP. It can take less time, depending on how you like your cheesecake. My recipe says, "Select High Pressure and set the timer for 15 minutes for a soft creamy cheesecake or 25 minutes for a more firm, dense cheesecake."
Old 12-29-2020, 10:53 PM   #6
Head Chef

GG, This is my first try at a cheesecake in the IP, and I saw a few recipes that said to cook 40-45 min on high, which seemed like too much, since the IP website said to cook it on high, but not max. I assumed this high, on the recent models, must be the same as my low. This can get confusing, since now, I will have to wonder if high in a recipe actually means the higher pressure, or if it was written by somebody with a model with high and max settings.

Anything to make it more confusing!
Old 01-01-2021, 08:41 AM   #7
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
I have a recipe for Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake if you're interested.

Attachment 44704
ME! I'm interested!

I JUST put an instant pot springform on my list for my birthday. I'm itching to try one. So far everything I've tried in the instant pot has been a smash hit.
Old 01-02-2021, 10:16 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
ME! I'm interested!

I JUST put an instant pot springform on my list for my birthday. I'm itching to try one. So far everything I've tried in the instant pot has been a smash hit.
Here you go Alix.

Ms. Mofet's Instant Pot Samoa Cheesecake
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cake, cheese, cheesecake, instant pot