ISO Crock Pot Potato Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michelemarie

Executive Chef
Way back when I had a recipe for potato soup made in the crock pot. Somewhere along the lines I lost it -- can anyone help me out? We used to top it with cheddar cheese and bacon - it tasted like a loaded baked potato!

Along the lines of what pdswife said in her link, my potatoe soup included leeks, stock, potatoes of course, but also milk or cream. I guess the only difference in the crock pot would be cooking time? Then add the cheese and bacon during the last half hour or so? I dont own a crock pot so Im guessing.

Here's two recipes

Potato soup #1

6 cups cubed potatoes
5 cups water
2 cups chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/4 cup butter
4 t. chicken bouillon granules
2 t. salt
1/4 t. peppr

1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
3 T. chopped parsley

In a large cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours on high. Add milk and and parsley, mix well. Cover and cook 30 to 60 minutes longer, or until heated through. Yield 3 quarts

Potato soup #2

8 cups diced potatoes
1/3 cup onion
3 cans, 14 1/2 ounce chicken broth
1 can 10 3/4 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 t. pepper

8 ounces cream cheese cubed
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled

In slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients. COver and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Add cream cheese, stir until blended. Garnish with bacon. Yield 3 quarts

Bethzaring - you got it! #2 is the one I used to make, although #1 sounds very good too! Thank you so much - potatoes are on sale this week - ironically enough, so is bacon! Yum!

soup

Paula Deen made a potato- shrimp soup this morning that looked awesome -- topped with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon !!!! Yum !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom