Minced beef and the slo cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csalt

Sous Chef
Does anyone ever cook minced beef in the slo cooker?

Have you ever cooked ahe slo cooker? would that be the same recipe method as in the oven?:)

Csalt,
I'm not familiar with the term "minced" meat. Is this similar to our ground beef ala hamburger? If so I'll see what I can find out.

kadesma:)

Slow cookers are for tougher cuts of meat that take a long time to cook. Minced meat is quick to cook and tastes better if browned in a skillet or cooked with diced onions, aromatics and tomatoes.

You can most defitely use a slow cooker but the meat will come out almost boiled and pale looking which is rather unappealing unless you will be adding it to some type of sauce to perk it up.

:) Yes, minced beef is the same as ground beef. I usually fry it and add ' a bit of this and a bit of that' after the fried onions which are a 'must'.
I was just tossing it round in my mind for one of my 'lazy' days.
Do any of you ever have lazy days? I often cook a frozen kiev, either fish or chicken on one of those days, then I only need to add vegs and potato.

csalt said:
:) Yes, minced beef is the same as ground beef. I usually fry it and add ' a bit of this and a bit of that' after the fried onions which are a 'must'.
I was just tossing it round in my mind for one of my 'lazy' days.
Do any of you ever have lazy days? I often cook a frozen kiev, either fish or chicken on one of those days, then I only need to add vegs and potato.
csalt,
lazy days is my best friend:LOL: Thnks for clearing me up on "minced meat" It's one of my DH's favortie things..His mom use to scrable it her term for browning and seprerating it. She would add onions, garlic, kidney beans, ketchup and sliced hot dogs to it and he just loved it..I make it for him now and then, but to be truthful, It is NOT my cup of tea.:LOL:
We also when in a hurry use it to make meat for taco's.

kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom