Mordent - Crockpot Roast Beef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatPat

Washing Up
This is for everyone. I especially wanted Mordent to see this, as he is currently experimenting with the crockpot.

This is the link. I tried this and it is so very good!

Crock Pot Beef Au Jus Recipe | Just A Pinch Recipes

I added some chives and a bay leaf. Mine was done after only 8.5 hours, but I used a slightly smaller roast.

Do try this!

With love,
~Cat

I know what's on the menu for this week Cat. This sounds really really good.
I think I'll use red wine for half the liquid however.

Last edited:
I agree. Now to see if Walmart has the Au Jus packet and a nice hunk of beef... (finger's crossed) It does sound really yummy!

Thanks for the link, CatPat.

I wouldn't call that roast beef. I would call it pot roast.

Yes. Roasting is a dry heat method.

Crock pot cooking is braising, so it is a pot roast.

I looked at the recipe and can't recall, but it would benefit if the meat was browned before braising.

I use a recipe similar to this also. Very yummy. As Jennyema advises, I always brown the roast first.

Just rejoined the crock pot crowd. Tried Pot roast last night using a recipe from the owners manual. It was so bad that were I not certain it could be better the crock pot would already be on the trash heap. (just kidding I would have donated it) So once again I am turning to you sweet people for help. Thanks for being here!

Just rejoined the crock pot crowd. Tried Pot roast last night using a recipe from the owners manual. It was so bad that were I not certain it could be better the crock pot would already be on the trash heap. (just kidding I would have donated it) So once again I am turning to you sweet people for help. Thanks for being here!

Hi, Linda! Welcome back :) So, what did you do to your roast, what cut of meat was it, and what went wrong?

I wouldn't call that roast beef. I would call it pot roast.

+2

We call it the "beast."
With love,~Cat

My ex DDMIL also called roast beef, roasted beast! I miss her.

Try the recipe I posted. I promise you will like it!
With love,~Cat

I bought a whole eye of round and was sorry for buying it. Now maybe you give me some hope.
I am going to push garlic into the roast before browning and braising. Might even squeeze a sausage or two down the middle. Then use the recipe you provided.

Back
Top Bottom