My First Ever Slow Cooker Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG--the pork roast was SO GOOD. I subbed out one cup of the milk for buttermilk...added fresh sage, thyme, strained the "juice" to get rid of the curds...yum-yum-yum. I am sure this recipe could be done in a crock pot. So very tender...worth a try folks!

CWS4322 said:
When I make buttermilk chicken, I marinate the chicken overnight in the fridge in 1 qt buttermilk in a big ziplock bag. I don't brown it. Then I add about 1 c or so more buttermilk to the CP. I add rosemary (fresh) let it cook on low for about 6-8 hours (until it is done). The buttermilk makes amazing gravy.

That sounds awesome, CWS. I'll have to try it with boneless skinless CB. I have powdered buttermilk, would that work?

I don't know--but I think if you treat the powdered buttermilk like powdered soy milk where you rehydrate it the night before and use a hand mixer/wand to blend before you add it, it should work. I use powdered bm for baking, but for the chicken recipe I buy buttermilk...for the milk pork, powdered bm should work.

I am giving the strained curds to the chickens...I'm sure they will like them....gotta love hiaving "pigs with feathers" to which to feed kitchen scraps!

Last edited:
Iv got the slow cooker in action again this time for beef stew! I have it on already so it's a bit late to let me know I have it all wrong but feedback welcomed!

Stewing beef (browned)
Carrots
Potatoes
Garlic
Worchester sauce
Beef stock
Veg stock
Thyme
Parsley
A Dallop of Hp sauce!

I often don't add thickener at all. Or, as Kayelle said, potato flakes.

Your stew sounds great!

Last edited:
i love my CP! i make roasts for lunch meat, stewed chickens, entire turkey breasts, stews and beans with mine. it always makes the whole house smell good while its cooking.

Back
Top Bottom