So far, I've tried 8 different items cooked in my new
Instant PotŪ that I got back in October.
Isn't she so pretty?
I read an article prior to making my purchase, and it
suggested that you keep a journal of your attempts.
Actually, I've used my Instant PotŪ EIGHT times, not 7
as previously stated.
1) Calrose Rice - horrible fail!
2) Fresh Corn On The Cob - I could have had that side dish ready on the stove-top MUCH faster!
3) Hard Boiled Eggs - again, waste of time and they were over cooked - even though I followed a well loved IP influencer.
4) Baked Potatoes - they came out unevenly cooked. I was going for a 'baked' potato, I wasn't going to mash them --- NEXT!
5) Spare Ribs - DING DING DING! We have a winner! I put my own dry rub on three ribs, popped that in the IP for 17 minutes and then on to a screamin' hot grill to char up with my homemade Sauce, DELICOUS!!!
6) (this one I totally forgot about `cuz I tossed it out!) Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup -
ACK! The Half and half curdled!
7) Egg Bites - Meh, they were passable, but too much work for basically a crust-less Quiche.
8) Cheesecake #17 Recipe - this is a pretty descent tasting and looking cake, but so OCD, they put my husband to shame!
And can I also add that whilst creating this cake, I was so stressed out!
In conclusion, I'm still not really sold on the Instant PotŪ to be honest.
I guess I'll need to keep on trying.