Pressure cookers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebbyW

Assistant Cook
Do pressure cookers soften ground meat? I have difficulty swallowing ground meat cooked in the conventional way. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to Discuss Cooking [emoji2]

Honestly, I don't know. If you have one, give it a try. If not, do you have a friend who has one that you can borrow?

I wish I had but no one I know has one I can borrow��Thanks for your input though. Deb

Are you saying ground meat as in cooked and broken up as a sort of crumble texture?

Or are you saying ground meat as in a compressed meat loaf texture.

I honestly do not know if, think that, a pressure cooker would change the texture of ground meat. But perhaps a change in the cut of meat for the grind? Perhaps ground tenderloin would be easier?

How about with gravy and/or mashed potatoes to soften the mouth-feel?

Pressure cooking does make it a little softer. Not sure if it would help that much. If it is a size issue, perhaps pulse the cooked meat a few times in a food processor until it is finely ground but not paste.

Try the cheaper, fattier ground beef. 73% lean, maybe. The extra fat will give it a softer, juicier mouth, and it will stay moister, easier to swallow. Tastier, too, if you're OK with a little more animal fat in your diet.

I've lost all my teeth at an old age and never did adapt to the false teeth made for me so I needed to change my eating habits. I can no longer eat crispy things. What I did was try/buy an Instant Pot pressure cooker so I could cook everything soft. I needed to break stuff down with my tongue using the roof of my mouth instead of with teeth. My slow cooker worked fairly well but this pressure cooker was perfect.

To answer your question, YES, you can cook stuff soft and you don't need teeth to eat it with. It can be broken down and cut up with a spoon. You can toss your knives out the window.
I've had mine a few months now and it was the answer to all my eating dilemma.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom