Slow cooker liners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

centurion12

Assistant Cook
Some slow cooker recipes say to grease the cooker before adding the ingredients. If you using a liner, do you still have to grease the liner or can you eliminate the greasing if using a liner. Thanks:chef:

centurion12

My grocery store doesn't have the liners. I keep forgetting to see about them in another store. I'd follow the directions on the package, whatever that says.

I would not bother greasing the liner most likely, but if you post your recipe we will have a better idea if it is needed.

I bought the liners once, but decided they are not worth the cost. Yes they work and do exactly what they say they do, but they cost $1 per bag.

I am not familiar with baking bags. What are they made out of?

Last edited:
GB said:
I bought the liners once, but decided they are not worth the cost. Yes they work and do exactly what they say they do, but they cost $1 per bag.

Sometimes scrubbing a slow cooker is a PITA. If it was a recipe that would cause massive scrubbing, I think a buck to avoid cleanup is worth it. if it is something rather easy to clean up, I agree.

Agreed BigDog. For those recipes that you know make a mess and are a pain to clean it sure is worth a buck.

I bought a box of the liners and man I do love them!!!! I just lift the bag out with the left overs and put in a sealable container... they are worth the buck to me. Usually after cooking in the crocpot, I soak the pot for awhile then scrub.... I hate the mess!!!

They are made of a type of mylar that withstands high heat. They do the job of keeping your slow cooker pretty cleans compared to scrubbing. It's a personal choice.

centurion12

The baking bags - made by Reynolds, I think - for roasting turkeys, meats,etc. I wonder if they could be used in the crock pot.

Good question Licia - they seem to be the same, but who knows. They may be just as expensive. The first time I bought them I cringed, "I'll just try em" - I used it once and knew that I would always have a box in my pantry. They are great!

licia said:
The baking bags - made by Reynolds, I think - for roasting turkeys, meats,etc. I wonder if they could be used in the crock pot.
What are they made out of? Are they plastic?

I know that in my store the crock pot liners are 4 liners for $4. I did find a coupon though that was 50% off.

Must be a personal choice, because I just don't see the need to use crock pot liners. No matter what I cook in mine or for however long, cleanup is no problem at all, basically no more difficult that cleaning up a pot that veggies were cooked in. Waste of money and a "gimmic" in my opinion.

I have this habit of letting my crock pot sit, usually cause we are watching a movie as we are eating. I usually use my crockpot on Sunday....just throw everything in it and it does all the work! So for me, the liners help me because it helps me to be "lazy" on Sundays :LOL: They are very much worth it in my opinion for those dishes where you know it's gonna be a pain to clean.

HTML:
cats said:
Must be a personal choice, because I just don't see the need to use crock pot liners. No matter what I cook in mine or for however long, cleanup is no problem at all, basically no more difficult that cleaning up a pot that veggies were cooked in. Waste of money and a "gimmic" in my opinion.
HTML:

I agree 100%, about as necessary as a "specially designated" microwave oven cleaner I saw on the market many years ago. What is wrong with plain soap and water? Now I admit to running my dishwasher once, twice and even three times a day, so I can certainly justify the few minutes to wash a crock pot. If it is too messy, I set it outside and let the cat and resident possum have a go at it.

I bought some but haven't used them yet. My oldest crockpot doesn't have a removable liner and I will certainly use them in that. Also my large one is an oval and quite heavy so I may use one in there. I don't have a problem using anything that will make my life a bit easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom