What is your Favorite Slow Cooker Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, some good old names and recipes in this thread.

my crock pot most requested are my split pea soup with ham (using up leftover ham bone from the previous days roast), sacriligeous spicy vinegar pulled pork (no bark, so don't bite), french lamb neck stew, and pork rib end roast with apple and butter gravy.

I love to use the crock pot for buttermilk chicken. But, the recipe I wish I could find again (I made it once, a photocopy out of a friend's cookbook, but she has almost as many as I do, so finding it will be next to impossible--I might find it someday), was Norwegian Fisherman's Stew. This had a beef base, round steak/stew meat, carrots, onions, anchovies, and I can't remember what else. It was to die for! I seem to remember it was in a Horizon's series...I can see the "border" on the page, but I can't remember much else other than it sounded good, I made it it in the crockpot and it was flipping good.

Last edited:
The last thing I made in mine was some store bought meatballs 2 jars of alfredo sauce 3 cans of mushrooms and a bag of sun-dried tomatoes. I have made this in our RV on several occasions. It is easy/tasty and holds well. We usually make it if we are going to be away all day and don't want to worry about having to be home (at camp) at a certain time. Some pre-cooked penne on hand makes it even easier.

gabagoo said:
would love the lamb rogan josh recipe ..... please?

These are names I'm not familiar with, some of the other forum folks will remember them. Chances are you may not get a response, as the poster may no longer be on the board.

Some lovely recipes though!

One-Pot-Meal

I call this my Polish One-Pot Luck.

I rinse a bag or container of fresh sauerkraut (Homemade is best) by putting it in a large bowl, covering with water, then quickly into a collander and into the slow cooker, topped with a scattering of caraway seeds and a touch of garlic powder and onion powder. I follow that with sandwich-length kielbasa and/or hot dogs (for the kids), and top it all off with frozen pierogies (any type or kind work). I set the cooker on High and wait as long as I can hold out before digging in... On the side I saute' some sliced onions in butter, for topping the pierogies, and sliced rolls for the kielbasa and hot dogs. Ketchup, mustard and horseradish round out the table.

I think I have posted this one before...it is still a favorite:
2 2 1/2 to 3 pound ready to cook broiler fryer chicken cut up
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespooons cooking oil
1 6 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons catsup
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Hot cooked brown rice

Combine the flour with salt , coat chicken thoroughly. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot oil (IRON SKILLET), Transfer to crock pot. Stir together the lemonade,brown sugar, catsup and vinegar pour over chicken.

Cook high 3 to 4 hours. Serve chicken over brown rice. Makes 6 servings.

Regards, Aria

Rotisserie Chicken (Crockpot)

Rotisserie Chicken is good with the Aluminum thingies too. :chef:

Rotisserie Chicken (Crockpot)

Serving Size : 4
Preparation Time :0:10

1 roasting chicken -- (choose one that will fit into your crock pot comfortably)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
4 pieces aluminum foil -- (4-5) rolled into balls

Crumple up 4-5 foil pieces into balls, or wrap potatoes in foil and place at bottom of crock pot. This will keep the chicken from sitting in it's juices and will make it roast not boil. Plus, if you do it w/ potatoes, you just have to throw together a salad and you're done.

Rinse chicken and pat dry w/ paper towels. Sprinkle all over generously w/ seasoned salt.

Place on top of foil balls in crock pot or on the foil covered potatoes.

Cover and cook on HIGH (very important), for 6 hours or until chicken is done.
Do you peel the potatoes first or wrap them in the foil un-peeled?

Slow cooked Moroccan Lamb

Slow cooked Moroccan lamb shanks- to die for!

Hey Sadie,

I am brand news to the forum and was looking through slow cooker recipes and saw your suggestion for the slow cooked Moroccan lamb shanks!! that sounds so amazing!
How would I go about doing that?

I think I have posted this one before...it is still a favorite:
2 2 1/2 to 3 pound ready to cook broiler fryer chicken cut up
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespooons cooking oil
1 6 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons catsup
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Hot cooked brown rice

Combine the flour with salt , coat chicken thoroughly. Brown chicken pieces on all sides in hot oil (IRON SKILLET), Transfer to crock pot. Stir together the lemonade,brown sugar, catsup and vinegar pour over chicken.

Cook high 3 to 4 hours. Serve chicken over brown rice. Makes 6 servings.

Regards, Aria

WOW lemonade concentrate!! never heard of that before!!

Do you peel the potatoes first or wrap them in the foil un-peeled?
I don't think it matters. I read a recipe where you scrubbed the potatoes, left the skins on and wrapped in foil.

My favorite is corned beef, potatoes and cabbage in the crock-pot. I also always my beef and pork roasts in the crock.

TNT Corned Beef and Cabbage for the Crock-pot

DINNER

• 2 lbs small red potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
  • 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) corned beef brisket, with seasonings packet
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • 8 pieces cabbage, thin wedges
HORSERADISH SAUCE

• 1 tablespoon horseradish (more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Directions:

1. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 5 to 6-1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with corned beef brisket; sprinkle with contents of seasoning packet. Add apple juice and enough water to just cover brisket.
  2. Cover; cook on Low setting 10 to 12 hours.
  3. About 40 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
  4. Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and broth in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
  5. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all horseradish sauce ingredients; mix well.
  6. To serve, cut corned beef across grain into thin slices. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables from slow cooker.
  7. Serve corned beef and vegetables with sauce

TNT Corned Beef and Cabbage for the Crock-pot

DINNER

• 2 lbs small red potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
  • 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
  • 1 (2 -2 1/2 lb) corned beef brisket, with seasonings packet
  • 2 cups apple juice
  • 8 pieces cabbage, thin wedges
HORSERADISH SAUCE

• 1 tablespoon horseradish (more or less to taste)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup mayo
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
Directions:

1. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in 5 to 6-1/2 quart slow cooker. Top with corned beef brisket; sprinkle with contents of seasoning packet. Add apple juice and enough water to just cover brisket.
  2. Cover; cook on Low setting 10 to 12 hours.
  3. About 40 minutes before serving, remove beef from slow cooker; place on serving platter and cover to keep warm.
  4. Add cabbage wedges to vegetables and broth in slow cooker. Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 30 to 35 minutes longer or until cabbage is crisp-tender.
  5. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all horseradish sauce ingredients; mix well.
  6. To serve, cut corned beef across grain into thin slices. With slotted spoon, remove vegetables from slow cooker.
  7. Serve corned beef and vegetables with sauce

VB! I copied this one into it's own thread!

My contribution to the crock-pot page started out as a dutch oven recipe called "No Peek."

Sauce is:

2 cans cream of mushroom (yes, a soup can recipe)
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup red wine

Don't let the salt worry you. It mixes and dilutes with the meat juice.

Mix all that together and pour on top of about 2 lbs stew meat. The original recipe didn't call for it but I always add an onion, carrots and potato's.

It's a deceptive little recipe. Serve with crusty bread or on top of rice.

Really nice on those long, cold winter nights in Hawaii. =o)

BTW, I tried a crockpot meatloaf recipe I found on this site somewhere. Awesome! It was so nice and moist and flavorful. Thanks to whomever posted that.

Last edited:
My contribution to the crock-pot page started out as a dutch oven recipe called "No Peek."

Sauce is:

2 cans cream of mushroom (yes, a soup can recipe)
1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
1/2 cup red wine

Don't let the salt worry you. It mixes and dilutes with the meat juice.

Mix all that together and pour on top of about 2 lbs stew meat. The original recipe didn't call for it but I always add an onion, carrots and potato's.

It's a deceptive little recipe. Serve with crusty bread or on top of rice.

Really nice on those long, cold winter nights in Hawaii. =o)

BTW, I tried a crockpot meatloaf recipe I found on this site somewhere. Awesome! It was so nice and moist and flavorful. Thanks to whomever posted that.
Over rice? With crusty Italian or French bread and butter? How about a green salad? Thanks for sharing
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom