Which new best slow cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After breaking my trusty West Bend, I did a bunch of research and bought a Hamilton Beach, just a basic one. It works perfectly without boiling the heck out of stuff.

just wonderin', how long did it take you to break your slow cooker, bakechef? i just bought a 4 quart west bend cooker. it's basic, was priced right, and sure is a pretty thing. i hope it lasts me awhile....:)

Here's a recipe for perfect rice every time. Place 1 cup of rice and 2 cups water or broth in a microwave-safe dish. Add seasonings as desired - herbs, spices, salt, pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes, stir, and microwave for another 8 minutes. You can keep it warm in the micro till ready to serve.

Here's another recipe for perfect rice every time. Rinse one cup of rice until the water runs clear, put it into the rice cooker with two cups of water and push the button. When the rice cooker buzzes, perfect rice!

No muss, no fuss, you don't have to babysit it, and when it's done cooking, it will keep the rice at eating temperature until you yank the plug out of the wall.

Back
Top Bottom