Anyone heard of Zucchini Poppers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I was at a get together and was asked if I have a recipe Zucchini Poppers. Never hearing of them I naturally didn't have one. So I said I guess you would use a seaoned batter and deep fry.

Any comments or recipes?? Thanks

All I can think of is the Jalapeno poppers filled with cream cheese, breaded and deep fried. I wonder if it is something like that.

My mom used to make fried Zucchini. It was fried with a very sweet breading, I believe it was bread crumbs, cinnamon, pepper, sugar and salt. She would dredge the Zucchinni in egg first. Also she panfried them. I forget what she called it, i think just fried Zucchinni.

May not be what youre lookin for, but you may like it? As a kid I loved it until she told us it was zuchinni, then it freaked all of us kids out. Id eat it today if she made it though.

yes, please and I will pass it along.

The Jalapeno poppers that our family does are

Take the peppers and make a slice down not going through and leaving the stems on. Remove the seeds and membrane. Cover them in water and soak several hours or overnight. I usually change the water after a few hours. This removes alot of the heat. Then fill them with cream cheese and then wrap a peice of bacon around it and secure with a toothpick and cook out on the grill turning often. I like to dip them into a sweet and sour sauce. Yummy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom