Asparagus recipe to pair with pan seared steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstarr

Cook
I'm making pan seared steak with a red wine sauce and red potatoes. Can anyone recommend an asparagus recipe to pair with those 2 dishes?

What about steaming the asparagus and tossing with Italian dressing? Simple and delicious

I'd go with a "Roasted Asparagus" recipe, of which there are many - all very basic & simple. Trimmed asparagus tossed on a baking sheet with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, & perhaps some chopped garlic roasted in a hot (400-425 degree) oven until tender. Top with some shaved parmesan & or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired, before serving.

Or you could steam them aldente and toss with olive oil or butter and salt. The main course will be very strong so I think you should keep the vegetable light

I'd go with a "Roasted Asparagus" recipe, of which there are many - all very basic & simple. Trimmed asparagus tossed on a baking sheet with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, freshly ground black pepper, & perhaps some chopped garlic roasted in a hot (400-425 degree) oven until tender. Top with some shaved parmesan & or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired, before serving.

You can do the same thing, just in a pan. It's really pretty easy, only takes a minute or two to cook. I like a pinch of red pepper flakes in mine. If you use the red pepper, hold the parm and lemon. Both ways are excellent. I do haricot verts, snow peas and snap peas the same way.

Can I....Steamed asparagus

Prepare one pound asparagus by peeling with a potato peeler and snap off the ends. In a pan with 3 Tbs. melted butter, saute the asparagus and toss in a minced clove of garlic with chopped green onions, one bunch. Dissolve a chicken bulion cube in one half cup of water with a teaspoon of sugar. Pour over asparagus and simmer on med low heat, covered, about twenty minutes. Top with toasted sesame seeds. This is fantastic. It usually steals the show.

Back
Top Bottom