Baked Potatoes with...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
Last night I didn't have much for dinner and was still hungry. I was craving a baked potato. Now normally I do them in the oven or on the grill, but I didn't have that much time so I nuked it - it actually isn't bad that way when you are in a craving emergency! ;)

I had the works - butter, green onion, crumbled real bacon, sour cream and grated cheddar cheese (I know a cholesterol attack in the making). Most of the time I like them with just a little spread (usually DH's non-everything "margarine" :LOL:) and other times I will add just a little of one or more of the above toppings.

How do YOU like your baked potato - not so much how it is cooked, but you top it with!

@ LP,

Baked potatoes ... always an old fave USA dish ... and easy too ...

I baked in foil until tender ... Then, I scoop out the tender potato and mix with:
salt, melted provolone, red bell, green bell, a pinch of oregano, a pinch of basil, a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkling of ground beef / pork or Proscuitto di Parma and pecorino on top ... Rebake for until cheese melts ... sort of a pizza in a potato !

I also like the Spanish style; with 2 Mojo Salsas for dipping, a red chili pepper and a green salsita, made with crushed garlic and parsley or cilanto or an Italian Pesto ... Pinenuts, basil, garlic and olive oil for dipping.

Have nice wkend. It is almost dinner time for us, 21,00 hours.

Until Sunday.
Margi.

Last edited:
I like traditional toppings, butter salt and pepper.
I like to add sour cream, green onions sometimes.

Bacon crumbles...

Topped with chili and cheese.

Topped with salsa, cheese and sour cream.

Mushroom gravy.

Hi Laurie,
I love a big baked potatoe, first I wash then dry, now rub with evoo and salt poke several holes and bake til done. then bath in butter, salt and pepper, diced green onion or chives, creme fraise, pancetta fried crisp.
These cravings don't come often but when Cade is here we both pig out.
ma

Though a lot of similarities, everyone's sound so good!

At school we used to make an awesome twice baked potato. We baked them until crispy on the outside and very soft on the inside. Then we scooped out the potato flesh and mixed it (while hot) with grated Gruyere, minced onion and garlic, cayenne, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. We whipped it in the KA and piped it back into the shells, baking another couple of minutes on order. They were amazing!

I do like chile and cheddar on a potato, but haven't had it much.

Almost anything goes. Depends on what's in the fridge or pantry.

Mix some chopped drained arthichoke hearts with a little lemon juice, mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, & sprinkle with freshly-ground black pepper.

Cottage cheese, chives & sour cream.

Feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, sliced black olives.

I did a Steak Stuffed Potato

Baked them with the EVOO and coarse salt,

Leeks
Shallots
Garlic
Sm Onion {diced}

Portabellos
Shiatake
Zuchinni
Strip Steaks
Heavy Cream

Cook aromatics in oil till soft {remove set aside}
Cook steak in the same pan till just slightly under-done {remove-tent-let rest}
Cook remaining ingredients in same pan taking up fond in the bottom of pan
Add in cream and reserved aromatics {reduce slightly}
Slice steaks and add to the pan
Warm through serve over baked potato

You can vary this very easily to personal tastes, protiens and budget, anyway you slice it........this is a good one! :yum:

Last edited:
i like a simple mix of sour cream and garlic chives from my garden on my baked spuds.

or if i'm having a steak or roast beast, i like to mash the insides a little with some of the meat juices, then top it with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese and nuke it until the cheese melts.

just yesterday, i made a "leftovers" baked potato. dw made an extra nuked potato with dinner, so i cut it in half, mashed the insides - discarding some, and added some shredded chicken (from the weekly roasted chicken :mellow:) and the leftovers of cubed broccoli cheese mix. i closed the potato up as best as possible and tightly wrapped it in plastic. it'll be a good, late night snack when i'm at work this week.

If I am going to do a baked spud for a side, I brush 'em with egg white, and do a salt crust, and bake. For toppings, it's simple: Butter, cracked black pepper, chives, and a little sour cream.

If I am going to do one as a meal, the sky is the limit.

I LOVE a baked potato stuffed with steamed broccoli, shredded cheddar, a little butter, salt and pepper.

A close second would be split open and topped with a mix of pepper jack, mozz, cheddar, and a hearty scoop of chili, some sour cream and fried jalapenos(bottle caps).

Sometimes, I love on with just cut up hot dogs, and baked beans, a little shredded cheddar, and maybe sour cream.

Pulled Pork BBQ is a GREAT Filler for baked potatoes too, but it's not often I have leftover BBQ sitting around.

Of course, just some butter, green onion, s+p, sour cream, and a nice portion of crispy bacon is a very fine thing.

Mitch Hedberg - Baked Potatoes - Video Clip | Comedy Centrals Jokes.com

i like a simple mix of sour cream and garlic chives from my garden on my baked spuds.

Most people have never heard of garlic chives, what I first discovered as buchu or bu chu, several years ago in my local Korean supermarket, AKA Allium tuberosum. They exhibit the combination of the best flavors of both garlic and chives. I hope to be able to have a garden again soon, and didn't even know you could grow buchu although now that I think about it I can't think of any reason why not. Except that I'd probably over-graze my buchu and still have to buy it in the market.

OTOH I've always loved the concept of decorating your garden with edible herbs. You could mow it... or you could eat it! Or you could mow it if you grew too much to eat. Or I don't know maybe you could import Kobe beef and feed it to them. (This is a joke. I'm mixing Korean and Japanese, and Kobe beef don't eat buchu.)

thanks greg, i didn't know it was a common asian herb.

i wanted to plant regular chives in my herb bed, but the nursery only had garlic chives seedlings, so i planted those. it was a pleasant surprise.

Most people have never heard of garlic chives, what I first discovered as buchu or bu chu, several years ago in my local Korean supermarket, AKA Allium tuberosum. They exhibit the combination of the best flavors of both garlic and chives. I hope to be able to have a garden again soon, and didn't even know you could grow buchu although now that I think about it I can't think of any reason why not. Except that I'd probably over-graze my buchu and still have to buy it in the market.

OTOH I've always loved the concept of decorating your garden with edible herbs. You could mow it... or you could eat it! Or you could mow it if you grew too much to eat. Or I don't know maybe you could import Kobe beef and feed it to them. (This is a joke. I'm mixing Korean and Japanese, and Kobe beef don't eat buchu.)
I grow garlic chives over here, I am lucky that nearby is a patch of wild garlic that I snip and use.
The Elizabethans planted fragrant herbs on their walkways so as you walked and bruised them the scent filled the air.
I mowed again yesterday, its not quite Wimbledon:LOL: clic on pic
bergere chair 138.jpg

I'd like to see a stainless steel nail potato cooker on the market. You know, like how a potato supposedly cooks up nicer with a nail stuck in the potato? I think I'll jot that down as another one of my invention product ideas. There's probably something like that on the market now.

Last edited:
Good Morning.

I finally have found the recipe for the Baked Potatoes, my five year old twin grandsons, Fillippo & Christophe always ask me to prepare for them ... They are Pescatarians ( do not eat red meat except for " Bolognese Ragù ) ...

Here goes ...

One Baked Potato per person

butter
ceps ( mushrooms available )
parsley minced
heavy cream or sour cream
garlic minced

I form a butter and cream purèe inside and top with the mushrooms that have been sautèed in olive oil with minced garlic & parsely ... note: I scoop out the baked purèe of the potato and then put the purèe back into the potato shell !!! Salt, pepper freshly ground, and a dip made with either sour cream and / or heavy cream ... or melted Provolone like a " Provoletta " with red bell ... melt on top of the potatoes... in foil ...

A hit with the twins and my older daughter´s Daughter Adyson ... she is 4.

GOOD POST. Some lovely ideas.
Kind regards. Have a lovely Sunday.
Margi.

S&P, butter, sour cream and a grilled porter house. Problem is, the steak won't stay in the potato so it has to lay on the plate.

Back
Top Bottom