Bf hates veggies...now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is the real man. Real men do not it vegies. Potato or corn maybe, but that is it.

This just made me laugh away. :ROFLMAO:. Veggies and fruits contain a valueable source of nutrients, which you cannot get from meats, potatoes or corn. The body needs these nutrients. Either, take vitamin pills or eat veggies. "Real men do not eat veggies"... that's just being idiotic.
For example, bell peppers and citrus fruits contain Vitamin C. Without Vitamin C, you get the well-known "Scurvy". Cucumbers contain many vitamins and nutrients, one of them being potassium (147 mg / 100g). Potassium is necessary for brain function and osmotic balance.
Either, eat on your potatoes and take vitamin pills, or eat the veggies.

This just made me laugh away. :ROFLMAO:.

You should have stoped right here. To show that you got the joke but since you "just being idiotic" and not being able to understand the joke, you shouold have sked first if i was joking or being seriuos and then call me names.

Oh yeah, you forgot to add that sky is blue and grass is green, We really did not know that vegies are good for us. :mad:

That is the real man. Real men do not it vegies. Potato or corn maybe, but that is it.
Potatoes and corn aren't vegetables. They're carbohydrates.

Oh yeah, you forgot to add that sky is blue and grass is green.

But, do you know why the sky is blue and the grass is green?

So you'll know where to stop mowing! :-p

Last edited:
Just tell him that if he doesn't eat his veges and doesn't get the nutrients and health benefits they contain - he will die before you do, you will collect his life insurance and have fun spending it, and you will find some fine young buff stud to ride behind you on his bike! :LOL:

I guess I'm fortunate, or CharlieD would say I'm not a real man .. but I don't know of a vegetable I don't like in spite of the fact that my Mom used to boil canned veges to death.

There are tons of ways to cook veges to add flavor to them ... may not always be the healthiest (battered and deep fried eggpland, mushrooms, squash, etc.) but slived zuccini with diced onion and tomatoes sauted in olive oil and a pinch of salt, black pepper, and oregano was one of my sons' favorites ... steamed chopped broccoli tossed into a slillet with diced onion, garlic, EVOO, and mushrooms - sauteed until it turns into a mush, and served over fettuccine with toasted garlic bread crumbs and cheese.

mk3 gurl and auntdot,
I can't stand cauliflower either, but when is deep-fried and served with aiolli, I can't get enough. Plain eggplant is boring, but if served marinated or parmeggiana all I need is a loaf of bread and a glass of wine.
Yakuta's suggestion about Indian food is great, I might add that you can get a lot of ideas to prepare veggies in different ways from Tapas recipes, you will be amazed how fast and easy can be.

Back
Top Bottom