Brussels sprouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kathleen said:
You guys would not be saying this if you had ever eaten my cauliflower au gratin on grits resting on a bed of brussel sprouts with a side of beets. :angel:

Oh good lord. Total torture, Kathleen! Blech!

Kathleen said:
Another potential convert! I'll add you to the guest list. For dessert: sweet potato pie! :ROFLMAO:

Yarghhhh!!! Blech blech spit spit, many names to be made up! Oh, the horror!

Today's Cultural Note: Maybe ya'll ought to know that where I live (close enough to pmeheran's location as to make little difference), "not raised right" is just a facetious way of "funning" someone and is never taken as a literal commentary on one's parents' performance.

I twice cook em'
I steam them until tender then split and brown and them well in a pan with a little chopped onion.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Frozen or fresh!

I bet they would make a good soup too.

4meandthem said:
I twice cook em'
I steam them until tender then split and brown and them well in a pan with a little chopped onion.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Frozen or fresh!

I bet they would make a good soup too.

They do- ham, potatoes, carrots, onions and Brussels sprouts. Yum!!

Today's Cultural Note: Maybe ya'll ought to know that where I live (close enough to pmeheran's location as to make little difference), "not raised right" is just a facetious way of "funning" someone and is never taken as a literal commentary on one's parents' performance.

To me, it's telling me that the two most wonderful people in my world are idiots...

To be honest some people actually know what they think about certain foods.

I used to live in the south. I hate grits. I was told hundred of times I just hadn't had good grits (whoever said it cooking them was obviously good). I have yet to find a bowl of grits I like.

Brussel sprouts are little balls of evil. At best I hate them, at worst I gag just putting them in my mouth. I don't care how you cook, don't cook, or cover them. I won't eat them, I don't like them and when I become ruler of the universe they will only be served in prisons (but only to people who talk on their cell phones while driving).

Well, then I don't want you to be ruler of the world. I like Brussels sprouts, but if you don't, then more for me. :yum:

Frank can have my Brussels Sprouts.

to...to...yeah, torture cell phone users...whew dodged that bullet.

To me, it's telling me that the two most wonderful people in my world are idiots...

Which is the lesson of the Internet. You don't always know what you're saying means, because you've never known it to mean anything else, and you don't always know what someone means, because you don't know what it means to them.

Which is the lesson of the Internet. You don't always know what you're saying means, because you've never known it to mean anything else, and you don't always know what someone means, because you don't know what it means to them.

If I had read the same in a letter or had it said to me face to face, It would have the same effect. In all forms of communication, the speaker has the obligation to communicate effectively. This includes hidden/alternate meanings to common phrases.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom