Butternut Squash Flans - Waving at PA Baker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
PA, hope you see my post, as you're a butternut/squash fan too.

Butternut Squash Flans
3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs
1 egg white
Vegetable cooking spray
Ground nutmeg
Watercress sprigs (optional)

Place squash in a medium saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.

Combine squash and next 6 ingredients (squash through egg white) in a blender, and process until smooth. Divide squash mixture evenly among 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Place cups in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.

Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove cups from water; let stand 5 minutes.

Loosen edges of custard with a knife or rubber spatula. Invert custard cups onto individual plates. Sprinkle with nutmeg, and garnish with watercress, if desired.

So glad you caught my post PA. This one really appealed to me. A different twist & so easy. Hope you you might want to give it a try. :)

The two of you are posting great recipes for my favorite type of squash!!!! Thank you both!!!

Thank you Shunka. Appreciate the input. So nice to see the squash fans out there. I would do this in ramekins, & thinking out loud, instead of watercress, maybe garnish with a rosemary. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom