Can someone help me identify this mushroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wan

Cook
Hello. I am a huge fan of mushrooms. I like most of them. And recently, I had this mushroom which I thought was really tasty, a real surprise. I think it was probably a cross between a shiitake mushroom and a regular mushroom, because it had the same taste as the former but not as intense, it had the same texture as the latter, and was not as fibrous as the shiitake. Even the color of it was in between, too.

I am just wondering if anybody else' had the same mushroom too, and what it's called.

Thanks.

Here's a link to mushroom identification. It is far from all inclusive. I caution. it is just the start.

https://blogs.cornell.edu/mushrooms/id/

Picking unknown mushrooms is very risky business. There are a good number of poisonous mushrooms in North America, and some of them can easily be mistaken for edible mushrooms. Asian immigrants to the U.S. fell victim to LBM's, little brown mushrooms, which look like straw mushrooms in China. Shitake mushrooms are not found in the wild in North America.

There are a great number choice, edible mushrooms that grow in North America. But you need trustworthy documentation, and preferably, someone who is well experienced in order to be safe. Myself, I have about5 species I can safely pick. Some of the mushrooms are deadly. Others are absolutely choice.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Wan, you didn't say whether you (or someone else) had picked the mushroom in the wild,

or bought it in a store

or even had it in a restaurant and if so, what dish was it in?

Back
Top Bottom