Carrot greens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whole milk

Senior Cook
I decided to buy the carrots that still had the long, green leaves attached. They look really pretty and I can't help but wonder if there are any recipies out there for them. Anyone have any ideas?

I think they are edible but have more of a parsley flavor? I heard that years ago. I'm no expert but some of the gardening gurus will show up soon, I'm sure.

If you can't eat them, they may be good to add green to a fresh flower arrangement?

I used to grow organic in my garden, they were so yummy :chef:

Well I used the green part, (as well as other not edible green parts of vegetables), for my compost pile.

By the way, carrots belongs to a botanical family which some of its species are very poisonous.

Went into Googleland and The concensus seems to be that they are edible.

But there are not many recipes for dishes with them. Mostly it seemed to be in soup. Saw one in which it was used as an ingredient for a celeriac salad dressing.

My guess is you need a heck of a lot of carrots to do much with the tops.

But next time I see a bunch with tops that look fresh will buy it and try the tops.

Had wondered about the edibility/taste of the tops when I used to see them but was never motivated enough to give they a try.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom