Carrots in cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
-1 small bag baby carrots
-1/2 pt. heavy or whipping cream
-1/2 small onion
-butter
-olive oil
-fresh-cracked black pepper
-dash nutmeg
-parsley for garnish
-----------------------------------
bring baby carrots to a boil in either water or chicken stock/broth. cook till tender and drain.
mince 1/2 onion finely. cook till transparent in mostly butter with a little olive oil. season with lots of pepper and a little nutmeg. add carrots and desired amount of cream. gently bring up to just below a simmer; turn into serving dish; garnish with parsley.

luvs_food said:
-1 small bag baby carrots
-1/2 pt. heavy or whipping cream
-1/2 small onion
-butter
-olive oil
-fresh-cracked black pepper
-dash nutmeg
-parsley for garnish
-----------------------------------
bring baby carrots to a boil in either water or chicken stock/broth. cook till tender and drain.
mince 1/2 onion finely. cook till transparent in mostly butter with a little olive oil. season with lots of pepper and a little nutmeg. add carrots and desired amount of cream. gently bring up to just below a simmer; turn into serving dish; garnish with parsley.
Thanks for this one luvs, DH likes carrots btter than about any veggie. I usually par-boil then drain and season with butter, brown sugar,some nutmeg, salt and pepper. This will be a nice change...
kadesma:)

luvs_food said:
you're welcome kadesma! hope you and hubs like it!:)
Luvs, made the carrots tonight, now I'm not much of a carrot person, but let me tell you i managed to hold my own with the big guy..He says thanks.. As do I. They were great.:)
kadesma

Back
Top Bottom