Celery price jump ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, well can some one explaint he price of pinenuts in Italy to me?? I just got back from the supermarket, and had to leave the pinenuts I wanted on the shelf. over 20 eauros for a teeny tiny back of pine nuts????? I just don't get it!

20 Euros for a small package of pignoli? What the!!! Heck, a small jar of pignoli here go for US$3 - 4. Native pinenuts, from the southwest are probably cheaper. I'm not sure about that, but my g'ma gave me a pound or so, free of charge.

The price of gas is going up because it's March. March Madness, and Spring Break. Lots and LOTS of drivers out there comsuming gas.

I haven't looked at the price of celery. I did a bunch last week, but didn't check the price.

Eggs went up drastically a couple of months ago, as did the price of chicken. Were the chickens all dying off? I have noticed that the price of eggs has started to come down a bit.

Something else to think about folks. Have you heard on the news about all the bees dissappearing? I wouldn't be surprised is fruits cost a lot this year, as it takes bees to fertilize the flowers.

Thanks everyone for the response...I was just floored at how the price jumped so drastically. Believe me I plan on using up every last bit of it.

PytnPlace said:
Celery is expensive here as well as crappy. Last time I bought it it was sort of hollow in the inside all the way from the top of the stalks to the bottoms. It kind of fell apart when I bit into it and it tasting yuckypoo too!

They wanted $4.49 Cdn a bunch for it yesterday. It was the scawniest, limpest, saddest excuse for celery I've ever seen. I was going to throw what I had in the crisper out, but it looked better than what was in the store. :LOL:

I looked at Celery while I was at the grocery store today. Super-Wally-World, US$1.49/bunch. It looked like it always does.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom