Corn Pudding, G.W. Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I whipped this up last night, to go with smoked spare ribs. I was really happy with the results and so I share it with my friends.:chef:

Corn Pudding:
Ingredients:
2 cups fresh corn kernals
4 tbs wild honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1 stick butter
1/4 cup ap flour
1 fresh cayenne pepper, minced
Milk

Melt the butter in a small, heavy frying pan. Add the minced pepper. Cook for five minutes and then add the corn and salt. Simmer the corn and butter, and pepper together over medium heat for five minutes. Add the honey and let cook another five minutes. Stir the flour into the corn mixture until well coated. Cook for three more minutes, stirring frequently. Use a tablesppon to stir the milk into the corn mixture. Quit when the corn pudding has a thick, pudding consistancy. Remove from the heat and let sit for ten minutes to let the pepper flavor permeate the pudding. Serve hot.

You might substitute bacon fat for the butter, maybe with some crumbled bacon bits too. I can imagine that flavors and believe they would further enhance the dish.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Looks delicious! I don't have cayennes growing, would a banana pepper work? I know it won't be as spicy ...

It's really up to you, what kind of pepper you add to it. I just know that peppers go great with corn. Traditionally, corn pudding doesn't contain peppers. I just adopted that idea from seeing peppers added to other corn recipes. It just worked. Also, I didn't add cream corn to my recipe, which is usually done. :chef:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom