Corn silk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I’m always hesitant to post a new thread for fear that I’m posting it in the wrong forum, but here it is:

Is there any culinary use for corn silk, besides composting? Are there any non-culinary uses for it?

Intriguing question. I never gave corn silk much thought but your post caused me to do a search for "recipes using corn silk" and I came up with this list of different choices. Might give you something to peruse. It certainly educated me in something I usually just toss into the compost heap.

Intriguing question. I never gave corn silk much thought but your post caused me to do a search for "recipes using corn silk" and I came up with this list of different choices. Might give you something to peruse. It certainly educated me in something I usually just toss into the compost heap.
Goodness, who knew?

It never even occurred to me to google it! “Recipes with corn silk” is like one of those phrases that you put into a search engine for that game that was popular a few years ago, to see if you’d get any hits. If you didn’t get any, you won.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom