Crispy, Sliced Roasted Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChefRH11

Assistant Cook
Prep Time:
15 mins
Cook Time:
30-35 mins

Servings

Ingredients

• 4-5 potatoes (depending on the size of your baking sheet), sliced.
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 whole lemon (or 3 tablespoons lemon juice)
  • 3 minced garlic cloves
  • 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
  • Chopped or dried parsley (to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon of smoked or sweet paprika
  • 1/2 tablespoon of mustard powder (or a teaspoon of mustard)
  • Salt and pepper
Directions

1. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the center rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Thinly slice the potatoes about 1/8-inch thick and toss with the oil, lemon juice, garlic, spices and herbs. You can place the rosemary sprigs in the baking sheet with the potatoes or tear them up and toss with the marinade. Carefully spread the slices on the hot baking sheet in an even single layer (not touching each other) and roast until golden and crispy, 30 to 35 minutes. You can spoon the remaining marinade mixture on top of the potatoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well look how simple that is ... it sounds delicious, super easy and good enough to serve to company !

Thank you so much for sharing this !!

Well look how simple that is ... it sounds delicious, super easy and good enough to serve to company !

Thank you so much for sharing this !!

You're very welcome!! In fact, this is one of the side dishes that I like to serve when I have company. And my partner likes them so much that he calls them my famous potatoes. :)

They sound really good. A friend from Greece used to take potatoes, rosemary, sea salt, lemon, pepper, EVOO (from her dad's orchard--it was so flipping good) and water and put those in a baking pan (the potatoes were almost covered with the water and oil), roast for about 1-1/2 hour at 425. I'll have to give your version a try! Maybe tomorrow with my smoked turkey...

I didn't have all the spices at the DH's (and forgot to bring them), but my modified version of them was awesome! Thanks for the recipe. Next time, I'll make them at my house (where I have everything--amazes me the DH doesn't have the basic spices but manages to turn out some very tasty dishes--who doesn't have at least sweet paprika)??? FWIW, cooking in his kitchen reminds me of camping...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom