Crunchy Potatoes- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
I came up with this last night as I was pounding my chicken breasts for supper. They were really good! I didn't measure anything but here's what I did:

finely ground seasoned croutons(or your favorite flavor)
olive oil
potatoes, peeled & sliced in quarters lengthwise(try & get them the same thickness even if you have to cut them more that into quarters)
Salt & pepper to taste

Lightly coat potatoes in olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Toss potatoes in crouton crumbs. Place on lightly greased baking sheet & cook at 400F until tender. I think it was about 30 minutes.

Hubby said the only thing they needed was some parmesan cheese. Next time, I'll add some to the crouton crumbs.

Very cool recipe Crews!!! Way to be creative :) What type of spuds did you use? (Some bake up so much better than others.)

thanks for digging this up piccolina.

crewsk, this is the crispy parm potatoes i was referring to in the "what's fer dinner thread".
thanks for the post, looks good (and mr. crewsk is right about the parm :chef: )

Piccolina, I just used russet potatoes. They came out really crunchy on the outside & soft on the inside, almost a baked potato texture.

Bucky, I must have been really brain dead yesterday!:rolleyes: I didn't even think about these.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom