Eggplant casserole (has meat too)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
This really started with the leftover batch of sausage gravy I made for biscuits that I wanted to use up. (made way too much on my first try) It came out great so i thought I would post. I will cut the qty's in half of what I made but I made two 8 x12 pans and froze one for later

1/2 pound bulk sausage
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup butter
1/2 pint fat free milk
1 tsp parika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 large eggplant
1 bunch spinach
1 ball of mozzerella(shredded) 12oz?
1 can of crushed tomatoe
1 small onin sliced

preheat oven to 425
Brown sausage in pan,drain and set aside. Add to pan butter and oil and when hot sprinkle flour in while mixing. When mixture starts foaming add cold milk aliitle at time while while whisking the whole time. When smooth add spices and reserved sausage. Taste! Adjust seasoning to your liking now.Set aside to cool.

Cut eggplant into 1/4'' rounds and place on sheet pan that has been sprayed with non-stick coating. Season with S&P and bake until brown on both sides-flipping once.(about 20 minutes total) Let cool

saute spinach-let cool

Layer casserole with eggplant,sausage beschamel,spinach,cheese.Then eggplant, sausage bescahmel,cheese,crushed tomatoes,cheese,sliced onions.

Turn oven down to 350 and bake for about 45 minutes or until browning and bubbly.

Back
Top Bottom