Favorite Baked Potato Toppings?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What are your favorite Baked Potato Toppings?

• Total voters

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I'm making a Baked Potato Bar for tonight's dinner, and I was wondering what everyone likes on theirs.

(*you can check how ever many you like, and they don't have to all go together at once either :rolleyes: )

Low fat plain yoghurt. I love it. Or good buter and a little salt and pepper. Or a creamy goats cheese or sour cream and chives. Very occasionally I fancy baked beans and cheese. Most often its the yoghurt though.

I chose all except for chicken but I have used that with veggies and cheeses a few times. It all depends on my mood and what I have available at the time.

I scoop all the guts out the spud and add the cheese and bacon, put it all back in again and toast the top a little, then sour cream and chives (mixed together) added on the top just before eating time.

btw, is it just me or is the Poll Bar for the Bacon option not showing?
I can see the 3 votes, but no bar.

I also LOVE Heinz 57 on my baked potato!

Years ago at Annabelle's they served a loaded baked potato - they butted up two baked potatoes together by cutting off the two ends. They scooped out the potato in one piece and layered slices of ham, turkey, and bacon then some cheese - then put the potato back in and topped it with butter, sour cream, chives - OMG it was wonderful! I'm sure they baked it for awhile before serving it.

I marked several things, butter, sour cream, onions, but my truly favorite is just butter, salt and pepper and sliced green onions.I don't like the potato to get sloppy wet with anything so the more dry the better I like it.

kadesma:)

YT2095 said:
btw, is it just me or is the Poll Bar for the Bacon option not showing?
I can see the 3 votes, but no bar.
hmmmmm... I can see it....just how many potatoes have you had tonight, sir?:LOL:

I voted for everything, so long as it's not all at one time! My "other" is avocado. (gee, surprise, surprise!)

Ohhh, cottage cheese and avocados together on a baked spud is divine!!!!!!! Y'all made my mouth water so much that I just have to make one of these tonight to go with a NY strip!! I had planned on finishing the cabbage soup I made a few nights ago.....but.....who can argue with a stuffed spud? LOL!!!!

I'm pretty much of a purist--just butter and/or sour cream or yogurt, some S&P, and sometimes chives. I don't mind one bit, though, if some of the main course's sauce or jus soaks in!

I was talking to my aunt earlier today and told her I was going to have a baked potato for my dinner (dh is at the farm). I'm going to have it with sour cream, bacon and fresh dill.

I checked butter and sour cream, as that's my basic potato. As mentioned above, if some of the good meat juices get soaked into it, all the better.
But I'm a potato lovin' gal, and just about everything mentioned above sounds good to me.
That idea of scooping everything out of the potato and hiding goodies on the bottom is inspired! That will add to the enjoyment of the potato skin, which is the best part.

I like a good crisp skin on my potato, something you can't get on a micro-waved potato. (Don't get me wrong, I like them too!) I usually rub the skin with olive oil, then roll in coarse salt....Margarita salt works.
Then they go in the oven or on the grill. Kim does that part. He usually wraps the tators in foil for a while, then opens the foil to let them crisp up.

*Note: I guess I could have started a new thread...How do you bake your potatoes?

Constance said:
I like a good crisp skin on my potato, something you can't get on a micro-waved potato. (Don't get me wrong, I like them too!) I usually rub the skin with olive oil, then roll in coarse salt....Margarita salt works.
Then they go in the oven or on the grill. Kim does that part. He usually wraps the tators in foil for a while, then opens the foil to let them crisp up.

The skins are my favourite part, and I like them crisp, too. I've never done the OO/salt thing, though. Can't wait to try it next time! I'm not fond of the microwaved potato, though. The closest I get is "pushing" the baking by pre-nuking and finishing in the oven.

More often than not, I scoop out the tater, mix it with a little milk, butter or margarine and lots of shredded cheddar cheese.....have also used fontina. Then of course, back into the oven for the cheese to get all "melty"...yum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom