Favorite potato recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spaZDaisE04

Assistant Cook
I LOVE potatoes!! They are my comfort food. My favorite potato recipe is the betty crocker scalloped potatoes with my adding of hot sasue for a little kick. mmm mmm good. lol

*Recipe posted by Crispycritter*
Too Easy!!!!

EASY CHEESY POTATOS

8 frozen hash brown potato patties
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

8x8 inch square metal or glass pan for oven baking
OR
8x8 inch glass dish for microwave cooking

1. Mix the can of soup with the milk in a bowl.
2. Layer 4 of the frozen hash brown patties on bottom of pan.
3. Spread half the soup/milk mixture on the frozen hash browns.
4. Sprinkel half the cheese on top of the soup/milk mixture.
Repeat process with the rest of the ingredients.

Bake in oven at 350 degrees until the hash brown patties are tender and VERY hot all the way through.
OR
Cook in microwave on 50% power for about 20 minutes then, full power until hash brown patties are tender and VERY hot all the way through.

A couple of substitutions....
You can use frozen french fries, frozen steak fries, tater tots, or the loose kind of frozen hash browns.
If you prefer cream of celery or cream of potato soup, they're good too.

Favorite Potato Recipe?

Sometimes I just like to bake potatoes along with a meatloaf in the oven. Take both out of the oven at the same time. Split open the baked potato, put some meatloaf in it, and put some catsup and sour cream on top. Serve with a tossed salad. YUM....................

honeybee, that does sound good.
I like mashed potatoes. Boil the potatoes until tender,( I usually throw in a garlic clove or two and sometimes an onion cut into wedges) then pass through a ricer. I love the consistencyOf course, I discard the onion and garlic before I "rice" the potatoes.

Wedge 'em, slather generously with olive oil, finely chopped rosemary, and S&P. Roast at 400 degrees for about an hour, checking occasionally to ensure they aren't sticking to pan (use pancake flipper to loosen).

Here are 2 of my favorites. Both are very easy & you can play with them.

Scalloped Potatoes

4 or 5 potatoes
1 onion sliced thin
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Peel & slice potatoes & onion. Layer in a greased casserole dish. Mix soups together and thin with one soup can of milk. Pour over potatoes. Cover & bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour.

FRIED MASHED POTATO PATTIES

1 1/2 c. leftover mashed potatoes
2 tbsp. milk
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of pepper
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. cooking oil
Mash cold potatoes with fork until soft. Add milk. Mix well. Add egg, salt, pepper and flour. Mix until well mixed. Drop by tablespoonfuls in hot oil & fry until browned & crisp.

I like to add paprika, grated cheddar cheese, & chopped green onions to these before frying them. There's a lot of stuff you can add to these.

crewsk, I think I will try your scalloped taters for dinner tonight. Have all the ingredients at hand and will be able to practice using my mandoline again!

Oh way too many to pick one.

Love taters most anyway you fix them.

BBQ potatoes
baked
stuffed sweet potatoes
family style potatoes

swtater.jpg

bbqpotato.JPG

lyndalou said:
honeybee, that does sound good.
I like mashed potatoes. Boil the potatoes until tender,( I usually throw in a garlic clove or two and sometimes an onion cut into wedges) then pass through a ricer. I love the consistencyOf course, I discard the onion and garlic before I "rice" the potatoes.

Don't discard the onions and the garlic. Mash them up in the potatoes also. That is what I do. It makes for a very tasty mashed potatoes.

Here is the potato and carrot recipe I talked about earlier.
First time a friend of ours from VA ate these, we thought he was gonna OD on them.

Potatoes & carrots Family Style

5 russet potatoes (about 2 lbs)
1 large onion, about 1/4 lb
2 carrots, about 1/2 lb trimmed and scraped
3 large cloves of garlic,peeled
salt to taste
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup heavy cream
fresh ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chevril
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley

Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
Cut the onion crosswise into very thin slices. There should be about 2 cups.
Cut the carrots crosswise into very thin slices. There should be about 1 ½ cups.
Combine the potatoes, onion, carrots and garlic in a large saucepan or small kettle. Add water to cover, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook about 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Return the vegetables to the saucepan and add the butter, cream, salt and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until they are course-fine. Add the basil, chervil, and parsley. Blend thoroughly and serve.

Yield 4 servings.

Oh these sound good too!

Triple-Onion Baked Potatoes

TH10386D27D.jpg

4 large baking potatoes
1 pound sliced bacon, diced
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup diced American cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 green onions, finely sliced

Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute red and yellow onions until tender; set aside.

When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving an 1/8-in. shell. In a mixing bowl, beat the pulp, sour cream and milk until creamy. Stir in sauteed onions, American cheese and 1 cup of bacon. Spoon into potato shells.

Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, green onions and remaining bacon. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.

Roasted New Potato Salad

1 1/2lbs new potatoes quartered
1 large red onion halved then sliced thin
1/4 cup fresh rosemary needles (a must) chopped
2 tbs plus 1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1 whole head garlic
1/2lb slender asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
1/2lb sugar snap peas
1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs fresh lemon juice

Oven 425. Put potatoes and onions in a roasting pan, toss with 2 tbs olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 tbs chopped rosemary needles. Roast 45 min, shaking pan occasionally till potatoes are browned.
While potatoes are roasting, cut 1/2 off garlic bulb, wrap loosely in foil and put on oven rack to roast with the potatoes for 35 to 45 min.
Boil asparaus and peas, cook for 1 minute and drain immediately. Rinse under cold water to stop cooking.
Take potatoes out of oven when browned, put them with browned onions in large bowl. Add blanched asparagus and peas. When head of garlic is cool enough to handle, press out cloves and add them to the potatoes with the olives.
In a diffterent bowl (small) whisk remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice to taste. Toss with potato-asparagus mixture and sprinkle with remaining rosemary. Let cool to room temp, mixing gently now and then, it should be served at room temperture.

crewsk, your easy recipe for scalloped potatoes was a hit last night.

Daughter took a look as they came out of the oven and stated that she did not like scalloped potatoes. Then proceeded to clean her plate.

Parsley potatoes and peas -

Cook creamer potatoes til soft (you can also use Yukon golds cut in small chunks). Drain well, add butter, s/p, a little cream and frozen baby peas which have been nuked to thaw, and plenty of either fresh or dried parsley. Sitr well, so the cream and butter mix with the potatoes and form a little thick 'sauce'.

Similar to Mudbugs............Small red pototes cut in half..........thrown onto a baking sheet and drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper and Minced Garlic...........oh I love these things. Pop into a 400 degree oven for around 50 minutes.....I turn half way in cooking time. After the 50 minutes is up I just go back and check on them to see if they need further cooking. Cook till fork tender.

Crewsk..........I love potato patties...........I always forget to save my mashed and make these little buggers but will make a mental note again....thanks for the reminder.

Another favorite of ours.

Fried sweet potatoes.

Just peel, slice , not wedges, then fry.

Back
Top Bottom