****Four Star Veggi/Bacon Side Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Darn, I didn't know what to call these individual side dishes that we came up with for our roast lamb tonight but they were outstanding, so I needed to share.:chef:
We had four medium end of season tomatoes (skinned, seeded and chopped) with about 3 cups of baby spinach, chopped in a bowl.
Fry 3 strips of chopped bacon and add a chopped onion with a rib of chopped celery and cook till tender in the bacon fat.
Add the hot mixture to the bowl to wilt spinach.
Season all with salt and pepper.

Divide mixture into two individual casseroles (pot pie size) and top each with about 3/4 cups of generously buttered mixture of stuffing mix or Panko bread crumbs (I used a combo) and bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes till the tops are nice and brown.

Honestly, this is a four****star restaurant dish, she said modestly. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh, Kayelle! This is almost the same thing that I stuffed my baby portobello mushrooms with tonight (Sun.). "Great minds" eh?

It sounds nice. I like the idea of using stuffing mix as a crust on top.

Oh my gosh, Kayelle! This is almost the same thing that I stuffed my baby portobello mushrooms with tonight (Sun.). "Great minds" eh?

kayelle and somebunny, if it is at all possible to improve on a four star vegetable dish, i think adding and sauteing mushrooms in the pan with the other veggies would certainly be worth a go for you two 'great minds'....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom