Fresh Green Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like mine blanched till bright in color yet tender enough, drained, then tossed with wht. pepper, kosher salt, & whole butter. just somple 'ol veggies for me! unless it's poatoes.
you could try buerre noisette- get a little pan as warm as you can, toss in little chunks of butter, let it cook till it looks like & smells like hazelnut, then quickly remove while there's still a some of the butter chunks left, swirl & pour over your veggies. it is so delicious if you get it right, i cannot explain, especially with broccoli!

I like them both soft and crispy(er), but my favorite way is w/ham, bacon and new potatoes. It's a veggie BUT it's a meal!!! I haven't done it in a long time but boy, is it good!!

I love them best cooked until tender, with ham or bacon and new potatoes. I have a friend who adds butter as well...that depends on the state of your arteries. Fix a pan of cornbread to soak up the "pot liquor" as my granny used to call the cooking liquid.

I sauteed them last night in bacon fat and onions, added a splash of balsamic vinegar and crumbled the bacon strips over the beans when done.

Back
Top Bottom