Fried Cauliflower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Fried Cauliflower

Cauliflower - cleaned and cut into flowerets
Breading:

Bread crumbs
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning
Accent - optional
Salt
Ground black pepper
Dry oregano
Dry basil
Dry parsley
Ground hot pepper flakes
Grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses
ALL ABOVE BREADING INGREDIENTS TO TASTE

Flour
Eggs
Milk or water

Canola oil

You will need three dishes (I use pie plates). Put egg in one dish add a small amount of milk or water and scramble well. Put flour in another dish and season with salt and black pepper, mix well. Place all breading ingredients in another dish and mix well. Dip cauliflower in flour and shake off excess, then dip in egg, then in breading and shake off excess.

Heat canola oil in skillet. Fry cauliflower in oil till golden brown on all side. Drain on brown paper bag and paper towel. Serve hot as veggie, side dish or appetizer. Taste very good with a splash of lemon juice.

Makes me think of my Italian great-grandmother who used to make this , I don't know her recipe tho. She died years ago.

Makes me think of my Italian great-grandmother who used to make this , I don't know her recipe tho. She died years ago.
yup it's an italian thing.

i'll tell ya a secret it's born out of not being wasteful. after you bread your chicken or veal cutlets or your eggplant what do you do with the left over breading stuff? you make fried cauliflower to go with!! LOL if my mom still had any left after the cauliflower or if she didn't have any cauliflower because she made another veggie, she made italian "hush puppies" just by pouring the egg mixture into the crumb mixture and forming balls or patties and fried them.

And then, when you have fried all your cauliflower and STILL have some
of that delicious sounding breading...

get out the dill pickles and fry a few of those! :)

And then, when you have fried all your cauliflower and STILL have some
of that delicious sounding breading...

get out the dill pickles and fry a few of those! :)
i have never fried a pickle before, but when we went to busch gardens VA last year i tried my first fried pickle and i liked it. would i bread a whole pickle or a spear? would i do the 3 step process? and would my breading over power the pickle?

Fried Cauliflower

Cauliflower - cleaned and cut into flowerets
Breading:

Bread crumbs
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Adobo seasoning
Accent - optional
Salt
Ground black pepper
Dry oregano
Dry basil
Dry parsley
Ground hot pepper flakes
Grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses
ALL ABOVE BREADING INGREDIENTS TO TASTE

Flour
Eggs
Milk or water

Canola oil

You will need three dishes (I use pie plates). Put egg in one dish add a small amount of milk or water and scramble well. Put flour in another dish and season with salt and black pepper, mix well. Place all breading ingredients in another dish and mix well. Dip cauliflower in flour and shake off excess, then dip in egg, then in breading and shake off excess.

Heat canola oil in skillet. Fry cauliflower in oil till golden brown on all side. Drain on brown paper bag and paper towel. Serve hot as veggie, side dish or appetizer. Taste very good with a splash of lemon juice.

ooooh I'm going to make this!! Thanks for sharing x

ooooh I'm going to make this!! Thanks for sharing x
enjoy hope you like them. let me know what you think. you can also serve with tomato sauce to dip in like fried mozz sticks.

enjoy hope you like them. let me know what you think. you can also serve with tomato sauce to dip in like fried mozz sticks.

I'd be willing to forgo the whole "that sounds good post", if you'd consent to move in with me and make all the great recipes you post. I'll buy the supplies :LOL:

Bob

P.S. Of course, I'm only kidding... almost.

I'd be willing to forgo the whole "that sounds good post", if you'd consent to move in with me and make all the great recipes you post. I'll buy the supplies :LOL:

Bob

P.S. Of course, I'm only kidding... almost.
dang you dashed my hopes!!

I would never cheat a lovely woman such as you out of what I owe... And e'n though you bring me to task, I will surpass your expectations. Just ask... I will meet the needs of m'ladies at any necessity. :)

img_830348_0_a311872bec8a35a4b192b00d6e82c7a4.jpg

img_830348_1_dfceb05217e9c16cdd68f2f013c7808b.gif

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you!! muahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom