Glazed Pearl Onions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't made those since way back, when I would make Julia Child recipes for somebody I knew (of course, I probably ate most of them!). The ones in their photo don't look as caramelized as I remember. A favorite of my friend, I'd make her peel the onions, while I did the rest!

I hope that post is legal. I had another one removed because it violated TOS, so I think I'll just back off of the recipe posts unless it's my own.

I hope that post is legal. I had another one removed because it violated TOS, so I think I'll just back off of the recipe posts unless it's my own.
You aren't allowed to copy and paste someone else's recipe. People link to recipes all the time.

You aren't allowed to copy and paste someone else's recipe. People link to recipes all the time.

Just to expand on what Taxi said, yes links are allowed. Recipe ingredients/amounts can be posted from someone else's recipe, but the instructions must be in your own words, not theirs. Hope this helps Linda.;)

Same here. For Sunday dinner last night I made baked boneless/skinless chicken thighs in a chicken gravy and dumped in about half a bag of pearl onions. I ate the whole lot of them :LOL:

Thanks for the link, Linda. And pearl onions with chicken in gravy sounds delicious. :yum:

I should buy them more. The only time I have them is steamed, seasoned, and added to fresh green beans for a Christmas or Thanksgiving side dish.

The lovely pearl onion deserves more than a once a year side dish. :)

Thanks for the link, Linda. And pearl onions with chicken in gravy sounds delicious. :yum:

I should buy them more. The only time I have them is steamed, seasoned, and added to fresh green beans for a Christmas or Thanksgiving side dish.

I agree! I used to buy the Green Giant (I think that was the brand) creamed pearl onions, but I can't find them anymore. I can make my own, though. I might do that with the rest of the bag.

Same here!

We had them only for special holidays because only my mother, father, and I liked them.

My sisters, brother, and other relatives despise them.

When they delivered my lunch today it was Chicken Pot Pie with veggies. I picked out all the pieces of chicken and ate all the pearl onions that were mixed in with the carrots and peas. Heaven!

I see a dish of sautéed in olive oil French cut green beans and pearl onions with garlic in the near future.

When they delivered my lunch today it was Chicken Pot Pie with veggies. I picked out all the pieces of chicken and ate all the pearl onions that were mixed in with the carrots and peas. Heaven!

I see a dish of sautéed in olive oil French cut green beans and pearl onions with garlic in the near future.

Wait... you picked out the chicken from a chicken pot pie?

The beans and pearl onions, yum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom