Got alot of Zucchini yet-- Zucchini Cakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

letscook

Head Chef
I just tried these Zucchini Cakes and they were good, the only thing I would do different next time is grated the onion so it is cooked more evenly with the zucchinni and cut the bread crumbs down to 3/4 cup. But try it normally first to see your preference. Had mine with sourcream on the side. I will be making them again

Zucchinni Cakes

2 cups shredded zuchhini
2 eggs beaten
1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 tbl melted butter
2 tsp ol bay seasoning
1 tbl chopped parsley
1 small onion chopped

mix altogether and pan fry on medium heat to light brown on each side

I've made some similar... YUM I cant wait til my 1/2 inch zukes are ready!!!

zuke-o-rama Jill!!!
I'm in!!!
I'll bring the grilled zukes for lunch.....

So really, besides other zucchini dishes, what should I serve these with tonight? I'm game for anything, I'll hit the store on the way home tonight.

It's zucchini but what about a cold zucchini soup?

What about some sort of sauteed fish/seafood? Since these are also called "mock" crabcakes some seafood might be good with them.

How about a couple hibiscus mojitos? :glare::LOL:

It's zucchini but what about a cold zucchini soup?

What about some sort of sauteed fish/seafood? Since these are also called "mock" crabcakes some seafood might be good with them.

How about a couple hibiscus mojitos? :glare::LOL:

Ha! clever you...!

I didn't realize these were supposed to be crabcake-like in texture. I was expecting more of potato pancake-like. That changes everything.

We are definitely doing a cold cuke/onion/tomato salad, so if these are mock-crab cakes, that's really all we need (unless BF realizes I skipped on protein!). Too bad if he wants it HE can cook it! Thanks for the tips.

Jill, I'm not so sure it's texture but taste that makes it crab-like. I have a friend that makes them and he says people don't even know. I'm sure the Bay has something to do with it too.

Welp, I made them and I didn't think they were crabby at all, but they were very very good and fresh. Thank you for the recipe, letscook.:)

I'd bet they weren't crabby because I made a few changes, and one was to substitute out the Old Bay. I do like old bay, I just don't have any here, so I used Fox Point from Penzey's, which is a seasoned salt with chives, shallots, garlic and white pepper. I also added some fresh herbs and a couple of jalapenos. Needless to say they were very green:mrgreen:.

Also, instead of pan frying I cut calories by dropping each cake onto a tablespoon of canola oil in a hot non-stick skillet, and then moving to the oven to bake. Then quickly browned under the broiler before serving.

Two cakes made a decent entree, even without protein! I will make these again, and next time, I think I'll make some pancakes too. Thanks again, letscook!

Your variation sounds divine!!! I'm sure the Old Bay just gives the illusion of.

My husband bought some crab-flavored potato chips - ICK ICK ICK - they were heavily seasoned with Old Bay and something HOT!

Your variation sounds divine!!! I'm sure the Old Bay just gives the illusion of.

My husband bought some crab-flavored potato chips - ICK ICK ICK - they were heavily seasoned with Old Bay and something HOT!
:sick:
Not sure anything should be crab-flavored.
I don't even think artificial crab is supposed to be crab-flavored...

Back
Top Bottom