How long to Roast Squash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warwick.hoy

Assistant Cook
I'm roasting a small Pork Roast and I am wanting to roast it on a bed of sqaush. I'm doing the roasting in a covered pan and I want to know if the Squash will be overdone if I start it at the same time as the Pork. In the past the pork roast has finished up in about an hour and a half. Any help is greatly appreciated

warwick.hoy said:
I'm roasting a small Pork Roast and I am wanting to roast it on a bed of sqaush. I'm doing the roasting in a covered pan and I want to know if the Squash will be overdone if I start it at the same time as the Pork. In the past the pork roast has finished up in about an hour and a half. Any help is greatly appreciated

Covered like that, the juices and steam will stay locked in. In about the hour, hour and a half time frame, the squash will be really squishy (which I don’t’ mind) but it shouldn’t burn (temp of 350 to 400).

If you’re worried about it burning, then add ½ cup of chicken or beef broth to it to make sure there is plenty of liquid in there (but technically you shouldn’t need it).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom