ISO broccoli and pepper recipe ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have some lovely fresh broccoli, and a package of very expensive peppers in assorted colors (red, yellow, orange, green) that I need to use before they lose their freshness.
I'm looking for ideas...maybe something oriental?

To expand in Mudbug's idea, break the Broccoli into small fowerettes. Blanch them and place in icewater. Set aside. Boil 10 to iffteen pearl onions and remove the skins. Again, set aside. Slice the pappers into 1 inch strips and set aside. Julienne fresh carrot and bias slice 1 celery stalk into 1inch pieces. add to this mixture 1/2 cup of fresh snow peas and 8 oz sliced mushrooms of your choice. Combine all veggies in a large bowl. Season with ginger and a pinch of salt. Toss with 1 tbs. sesame oil.

Slice bonelss chicken breast into bite-sized strips and place in a lightly greased/oiled haevy skillet or wok. Season with a touch of light soy sauce. Remove from heat when they just start browning. Replace the chicken in the pan with the veggies. Lightly cook over high heat until all is hot and the celery and carrots are at the soft/crisp stage. Add the meat and serve with rice.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Constance, you can stir-fry broccoli with scallops or beef in light soya sauce and pepper. For the assorted peppers, you stir-fry them with mushrooms. These dishes are best served with plain rice.

You have a nice assortment of colors (peppers). You could stuff some of them with a ground beef/rice mixture, and some with orzo/pasta. Roasted peppers are yummy too -- steak, onions, peppers & rice. For a stir-fry - steak & peppers (sliced very thinly), onions, garlic & tomatoes -- in sesame oil - add some soy sauce to the mix. For the broc - you could save it for another dish like broc salad, or add the steamed broc to pasta w alfredo sauce & shrimp (if you have it).

Good idea for a topic like -- this is what I have in my fridge - What can I make for dinner.

I purchase multi-colored peppers like this & slice & saute them in some extra-virgin olive oil for use as toppings for fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, etc.

Broccoli? Heck, broccoli can be used as a veggie on it's own with butter & breadcrumbs or cheese sauce, in stirfries, soups, stews - you name it.

mudbug said:
You could always just scoop 'em out and fill 'em with dip and have us all over.

Good idea, Mudbug! I'm always up for a party with good friends!

Actually, I like the idea of a stir-fry, and Michael's good it broken down into a recipe for me. Thank you Michael!
My husband suggested shrimp, so I think we'll go with that instead of chicken, though.

Back
Top Bottom