ISO easy roasted potato recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcv

Assistant Cook
I've made a lot of mashed potatoes lately and we have just one more holiday gathering to get through: new years eve.

There will probably be 15-20 people here and I'll be cooking a 7 lb prime rib on my big green egg. I know it's not very big for this crowd but there will be lots of other food as well. I'd like to make a big batch of roasted potatoes as well. I could do these on my gas grill or in the oven.

I usually scub and cut up some red potatoes, toss with some olive oil, s&p, onions and italion seasoning. They are always decent but I'd like to make them better. Any ideas?

Thanks

Some folks use dried onion soup mix (I think the recipe is on the box or on their website)

garlic and rosemary

mix other root vegetables with the potatoes and just lightly salt and pepper (so the individual flavors can shine through)

lemon pepper

JcV
We do an odd one, but we love them. I use med sized Yukon Golds,put them on to boil, I dont let them get mushy, dump the water and give each potato a mild push down. DO NOT mash just crack them, now I add butter, salt pepper.If you like they then can be put into a hot electric frying pan and browned on each side with sliced garlic and some sliced shallots..When done discard the onions and garlic and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley..I love the carmelized shallots and garlic so sneak them off to the side.
Happy New Year.

This is a recipe that I really like.

Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] 2 tablespoons butter
4 lbs. small red potatoes (24) cut into fourths
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary-crushed
1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Preheat oven to 450°. Place butter on 11½x17-inch baking pan. Place in oven until butter melts. Remove pan from oven; add potatoes and remaining ingredients except parsley, and toss until mixed. Roast potatoes uncovered 50 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer potatoes to platter and sprinkle with parsley. Makes 8 servings.

Hi SC,
your recipe looks and sounds delicious. Will be trying it soon.
Happy New Year.
kades

My favorite seasoning after tossing chunks of potatoes in a little olive oil is a packet of dry ranch dressing then roast. We love ranch and it makes lots of things taste better, just my opinion.

I've got a couple you can try. After scrubbing and cutting toss with olive oil and some worcestershire sauce, some seasoned salt and some cracked pepper.

OR...

Peel 'em, half them and rub with oil/butter and set on your racks in the oven to cook. Like baked, only you can eat the outsides too.

One thing you will run into when doing a quantity that large in the oven is the moisture factor. That many spuds release a lot of steam...

You will need to crack your oven door open just a bit to allow all the steam out, or the potatoes will not get crispy...:chef:

Back
Top Bottom