ISO ground tomatoes/ground cherries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

concreteman

Assistant Cook
Hello, does anyone know where I can get ground tomato seeds? I had some ordered from amazon and after waiting 2 months I received notice that they were not available. They are also not available in seed packages. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum!

Try ebay - I often order seeds from there when I need just one item, as most are "free shipping", and not 5 or 6 dollars, like most of the single seed packs on Amazon. And most I get quickly, unless it is coming from another country, and even then, I get some of them surprisingly fast! Still, check the location of the seller, and make sure it's in Canada, if you need it quickly, and maybe someone will be fairly close to you, to speed it up even more.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+cherr.TRS0&_nkw=ground+cherry+seeds&_sacat=0

Last edited:
They are commonly called Gooseberries... you might try searching for that term.

E-Bay was a bust for me. No one in Canada has any and anyone in the States will not send them to Canada. I'll have to see if a local farmer that has some will sell me a few plants.

Last edited:
If that falls through and you have access to buying the fresh fruit, just get the fruit and take the seeds from them. I bought the seeds one year, and have never bought any since, because the fruit drops and the seeds from the fruit germinate each year. I always find them scattered throughout the garden, and I just transplant them to where I want them. Very productive crop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom