ISO help making potato pancakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I am confused.

If I have left over potatos, and some sort of meat or fish or even just veggies.

what do I do?

is it like, My Mom's Salmon patties

or stuffed apple pancakes

or like Corned beef hash

or hash browns with some meat in them?

or should I just make fried patoes with eggs and bacon, or leftover meat on the side?

Thanks Eric, Austin Tx.

I'm a little confused! Are you asking how to make potato pancakes or what to do with left over mashed potato's?
I use mashed potato's to make fish cakes but I never use them to make potato pancakes. I know some people do but they are not real potato pancakes.

I'm confused as well. I thought you were looking for a potato pancake that used grated potatoes in your previous thread. Are your leftover potatoes mashed? If yes, then the salmon mashed potatoes that your mom made makes sense. If they are boiled potatoes, than I'd make grated Kartoffel Puffer (which I linked to in your other thread on potato pancakes).

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/iso-help-making-potato-pancakes-89408.html

Perhaps the confusion stems from the various ways names by which potato pancakes are known:

Potato pancake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or are you looking for a way to make potato cakes using leftover mashed potatoes? (My favorite way to use leftover mashed potatoes is to make lefse, but I would not call that a pancake, although it is flat and round like a pancake...).

We just shape the mashed potatoes and fry them in a hot skillet with butter...nothing fancy here. But you can added egg, etc.

Potato Cake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

Back
Top Bottom